Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Im wondering what the best way of going about contacting Jeff Jones is? Does he answer his emails within a few days, or should I call the number listed on his website within the hours he has stated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Have you tried calling him? It seems like it would be easier to just do so instead of inquiring here about doing so. :confused:

Since you asked, he did answer the phone the one time I called him, so I'd try that.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Cloxxki said:
So you're the ones keeping him busy replying to emails and calls rather than getting some welding done? :)
That is why I recommend email...he can choose when to be interrupted....seriously.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Cloxxki said:
So you're the ones keeping him busy replying to emails and calls rather than getting some welding done? :)
I always think about this when I'm talking to a builder, especially a one man shop. I was looking for a handlebar; Jeff couldn't do it, but James (Blacksheep) could so I bought it from him. Two calls, one purchase.

Not that I can't be a nuisance on occasion, but I'm sure most builders wish they had this same sort of sales rate (50%) for the phone calls they recieve.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
unit said:
That is why I recommend email...he can choose when to be interrupted....seriously.
This makes a lot of sense. However, it seems to me that a lot of these guys do what they do (i.e. make stuff) because they'd rather not be in front of a computer (and of course because they're very talented at it too), so e-mail doesn't always work so well. There's also the fact that a dialogue via e-mail could end up taking more of their time than a simple phone conversation.

I seem to have better luck with a phone call, but do agree that an e-mail is less obtrusive.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep I tried calling Jeff 10 minutes after he states he is "open". He picked up right away and was very helpful in my questions.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
"pour" good old Jeff. He should get a $1/min number with y'all :)
I hope this forum with hundreds of H-Bar users can save him some calls before he makes that move :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Great thread

Totally engrossing subject here guys. Its so interesting to consider the differences between e-mailing and phoning a guy, And then... wow how inspiring when a way is chosen and someone acutally pulls it off. Keep the stories coming, I want to hear more.;)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hey glad you are pleased

Traktor said:
Totally engrossing subject here guys. Its so interesting to consider the differences between e-mailing and phoning a guy, And then... wow how inspiring when a way is chosen and someone acutally pulls it off. Keep the stories coming, I want to hear more.;)
And thanks for taking the time to add something useful to s stimulating discussion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.