Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Flag next weekend and thought it would be nice to ride around Mt Elden.
Using Trail Forks I have come up with a route that should work.
Two Questions
1. Is is best to go counter clockwise or clockwise?
2. Have the recent rains and run off damage made Mt Elden trails difficult to follow?

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I will be visiting Flag next weekend and thought it would be nice to ride around Mt Elden.
Using Trail Forks I have come up with a route that should work.
Two Questions
1. Is is best to go counter clockwise or clockwise?
2. Have the recent rains and run off damage made Mt Elden trails difficult to follow?
Others might disagree but CW is best. But I would suggest dropping down to the surface streets at the KOA or ranger station to avoid Forces of Nature. While it's a fun techy section it's a beat down. Cut back up to the pipeline trail at Summit High School across from the mall.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I’d suggest skipping the front side of Elden altogether. The east side trails are [email protected] honestly. For more bang for your buck ride heart and then take a left on little Elden back up to the tank. Or, if you have the juice go back up little bear after heart and ride lower sunset to the pass and Shultz down or the AZT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.