Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Justin Vander Pol
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we're all go friggin' stir crazy right now, and it being the end of the year, and the fact that we probably live in the most scenic state in the country, let's see some of your best Washington pics from 2008. I'll start it off with my 3 favorite that I shot:

Matt in Leavenworth

Barry in a lava cave on the Falls Creek trail, Mt. Saint Helens

Jon on upper Mid Fork Snoqualmie

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Never really got the chance to take any shots at all. 2008 was my worst riding year ever, much less for photo opps.

For the few rides i did make, the only time i wished i would have brought my camera was when i did a solo jaunt up in McKenzie River Trail in late June. There was still snow up at the top of the trail at the lake, and both falls were rushing heavy with enormous volume of snow melt off. Stopped at Tamolitch? and it was rushing off with such force, and i hit it at the perfect time with a solid rainbow. It would have made for great shots.

That's cool you found the lava tubes at Falls Creek. i think we made it in and out of one, possibly the one you have a shot of (short cave). i've heard there are a few in the area that go on for quite a long while (miles).

·
igoslo
971 Posts

The best bike related shot I've got from the year. This has really not been a banner year for me and my bikes. Compared to the previous three or four I'd say it downright sucked. I blame work, but at least I'm still employed in this economic downturn.(don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I had a two month, six days, sixty per week crunch during the summer that ate up all my time and energy)

Ok, I like this picture also, but it's not me or anyone I know.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Sunset over Skagit Bay....

Very nice. I've spent many an evening there over the years watching the sun go down and then doing the big descent back to the car in the twilight. Even broke my arm on one of them near the top of the Ridge Trail.

·
meh....
3,589 Posts
Best of my 2008 rides....

Little Camas Epic. Trail Junction of Tronsen Ridge and Red Hill, the big climb is done. More of a "glad I got here" shot.

West Fork Teanaway Slickrock.

Miller Peak. Chasing the snow away.

Mt. Lillian Tronsen Ridge. Tronsen Ridge top to bottom. No pics, the first big ride and I left the camera in the car.

Juniper Ridge.

Hamilton Butte.

Jolly Mtn > Elbow > Yellow Hill. Another big ride. I followed someone's tracks on this ride.

Johnson - Medra > Middle Fork Teanaway > Way Creek. First time in the Middle Fork.

South Chilcotins, BC. Big singletrack.

Koppen Mtn > Malcolm Mtn. Another classic ridge trail in the Teanaway area.

Icicle Ridge. A WA classic ride.

Kloshe Nanitch trail heading for Muller.

Elk Mtn. Chilliwack, BC.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Wish I could say I got more killer shots in state this year, but we did a bunch of riding in B.C. (even more than normal) and spent an inordinate amount of my time working in the woods on a project or two.

Here's a few of my favorites though.

Kevmo, G-Unit and FM framing in a wallride:

Fellas walking through a blank canvas.

The Reverend checking out the exit on a new logride.

Tools of the trade:

·
Group Hug Participant
1,112 Posts
It was the best of times,

yet not so good in the pic category. Highlights none-the-less!

1. The Rev in Pot Peak, rippin.
2. Armando, Pot Peak, who doesn't have a pic of this guy?
3. Highjinks by torchlight, summer time fun.
4. Kevmo's CX debut, the only time you'll see him in spandex!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Okay, I need to dig through the pictures and post up. Looks like a great single Kevmo has built up. So bummed I missed the all night bbq track fest but I was down hitting the Lair in Bend with the kids that evening so all was not lost.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
indiemtbkr said:
Skooks- since you didn't have any pictures here's one of you leading the pack!
Cool thanks, saving that to my small 08 collection.:)

Borneo said:
Every self respecting WA mountain biker has to ride there before they die.

How's that for a plug for such an awesome place Skookie?

4th of July weekend, be there.....
Checks in the mail...;)

Glen Campbell said:
skook, what happened to your hair? did it break along with your arm.
The flowing mane is gone, but it still lives on in your sexual fantasies toward me for many seasons to come.:p

·
bro not pro
378 Posts
Wa 2008

Ancient Lakes, a lesser known region on the east bank of the Columbia river, near Quincy WA

Bend OR, a shot of BobBq's son along the Deschutes River

and Mr B catchin a little air in the Teanaway regioin

Stony canyon of the West Fork of the Teanaway

Art T at work on Columbia Mountain, Kettle Crest region

fooling around in the backyard

·
Registered
691 Posts
hmm

Apparently very few people own cameras around here?
Here's a few of my faves.
Armando doing what he does best....fix flat tires...and jumping (Walker making him pay for his 3rd flat)

Me x-ing it up as usual

John working the Nomad

Walker keeping it in control

This one of Kevmo because he is about to eat it hard because of that cheesy grin

And finally Justin (thanks for the pics)

Here's to another stellar year on two wheels!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.