Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? I was thinking the Giro Remedy, with 14 vents it looks like a good candidate. Are there any others to consider? Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi delirian, I looked at the Deviant but the large was too big and the medium too tight. Thanks for the suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,539 Posts
no worries pal.....
have you looked at or considerd the d3 from troy lee, or the fox version, they arent quite vented like the other 2 but they do have a pretty good vent at the front that suck cool air through and draws out heat and sweat to keep your head cool.
i have a 661 evolution carbon, it isnt to bad great fit very light and isnt to bad for pedaling, it can get a bit hot on long rides on hot sunny days though,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
the test dummy
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
i usually sweat like a pig, i have found i almost never break a sweat wearing rockgardn pearl, i sweat more in my bern bucket helmet o_O. so there for i suggest a rockgardn pearl for a nicely vented helmet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
loamranger said:
Hi delirian, I looked at the Deviant but the large was too big and the medium too tight. Thanks for the suggestion.
Did yo try the original Deviant or the Deviant 2? Main difference is that the Deviant 2 uses a moto-style inner liner where the original Deviant had an XC-stly inner liner. Perhaps the Large Deviant 2 will fit you better? I have a Giro Remedy as well as a Deviant 2 and IMHO, the Deviant is about the most vented FF helmet out there. Some will argue that it's not a "real" FF helmet...mainly because of the original Deviant's XC style inner liner, but I figure...if it's good enough to protect the dome of the likes of Darren Berrecloth an Matt Hunter then it should be good enough for me. I don't ride anywhere near that level...:D
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,968 Posts
I like the remedy...just for easy riding, but when the terrain gets rough then it is a MX helmet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
atchipmunk said:
Did yo try the original Deviant or the Deviant 2? Main difference is that the Deviant 2 uses a moto-style inner liner where the original Deviant had an XC-stly inner liner. Perhaps the Large Deviant 2 will fit you better? I have a Giro Remedy as well as a Deviant 2 and IMHO, the Deviant is about the most vented FF helmet out there. Some will argue that it's not a "real" FF helmet...mainly because of the original Deviant's XC style inner liner, but I figure...if it's good enough to protect the dome of the likes of Darren Berrecloth an Matt Hunter then it should be good enough for me. I don't ride anywhere near that level...:D
Yes it was the Deviant 2 with moto-style inner liner. Did not fit as well as the Remedy and was not as comfortable.....would you agree? I was hoping the Deviant would be ok because as you say it is the most vented. How much hotter do you get in the Remedy compared with the Deviant?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
insanitylevel9 said:
i usually sweat like a pig, i have found i almost never break a sweat wearing rockgardn pearl, i sweat more in my bern bucket helmet o_O. so there for i suggest a rockgardn pearl for a nicely vented helmet.
Rockgardn Pearl looks good. CRC have them and I could try on a sale or return. How are they like for sizing?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I like the remedy...just for easy riding, but when the terrain gets rough then it is a MX helmet
Yeah, this is for easy riding. I have another full face for tougher stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Speedster said:
Deviant 2 is by far superior to first version. Very comfy and good vent.
Maybe I should try it again but when I compared it to the Remedy, the Remedy was more comfortable and a better fit?
 

·
the test dummy
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
loamranger said:
Rockgardn Pearl looks good. CRC have them and I could try on a sale or return. How are they like for sizing?
pretty much dead on to the size chart on there site, i honestly dont even know what size mine is i usually just try on the helmets at the shop and see which fits. this is the first i got online.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top