Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just popped for a pair of Mavic crosslands and want some recommendations on the best tubeless tires for them. The product reviews suggest the spec. enduro pro 2bliss, cont verti pros, wtb weirwolfs etc, but I'd be interested in the views of someone with crosslands.

Are they really that hard to get on btw ?

Bike is a spec epic 2003.

·
Old Fart at Play
637 Posts
milliondollarhero said:
I've just popped for a pair of Mavic crosslands and want some recommendations on the best tubeless tires for them. The product reviews suggest the spec. enduro pro 2bliss, cont verti pros, wtb weirwolfs etc, but I'd be interested in the views of someone with crosslands.

Are they really that hard to get on btw ?

Bike is a spec epic 2003.
I'm sorta in the same boat, new Crosslands and considering what UST rubber to get. I like the tubed version of the Verticals a lot. The Enduro and Roll-X 2Bliss look like possibilities. The Michelin Hot S UST looks interesting as well. Leonard Zinn has some good suggestions for mounting UST tires here: http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/5917.0.html

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
I am using Vertical Pros on my UST Mavics and am pretty happy with them here in CA. Note that while Contenental calls these a 2.3 tire, they are the same size as my Hutchinson Pythons and WTB Nanoraptor 2.1 tires. I really wish more manufactures would come out with UST Tires, how about a WTB 2.4 MutanoRaptor UST, or 2.1 Epicwolf UST, Kenda Blue Groove 2.1 or 2.35 UST would be nice also. It seems like the UST market is focusing on the less than 2.0 tire sizes and missing their target crowd.

·
Bon Vie
624 Posts
Titus Max, I'm running the Enduro 2Bliss on a pair of Crossmax Enduros and love the way they hook-up. I also have a new pair of Roll-X 2Bliss (S-works) that I probably won't have the opportunity to use. If you're interested in them we could work out a good deal. Contact me at [email protected] :cool: . Have used Roll-X tires before with Stan's setup and they work nicely.

Kevin

·
Old Fart at Play
637 Posts
I concur that the tire companies so far are missing the mark with their UST selection. It's ironic that they are aiming at XC racers, and the racers are using non-UST with Stan's because of the lighter weight. On a brighter note, I read in another post that Kenda will be coming out with UST versions of the Blue Groove (and I suppose Nevegal) this fall. I look forward to that. In the meantime, I picked up an Enduro 2Bliss today. I'll christen it on the AZ Trail this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.