Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going tubeless for the first time and am looking for suggestions for good tubeless tires that are appropriate for Colorado's front range.

I've run regular Schwalbe Fat Alberts on the front in the past and love them, so I'm naturally looking at those when going tubeless. Any reason not to? What should I run on the rear?

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
The Cheater
552 Posts
Colorado? Use what I use right now, the super light (actually lightest) 620gr Hutchinson Toro 2.15 tubeless ready. Ran tubeless it's a blaze!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hitechredneck said:
Give me a week or two and i will let you know how the fat albert tubeless works on the front range. mine are on the way with brown santa.
Nice! From where did you order them?

I stopped by the LBS today after work and they recommended (and I bought) the Specialized Clutch Control and Eskar Control. So I'll give them a go and see what happens.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

·
I'm with stupid
5,920 Posts
I ordered them from universal cycles, they were the onlt place i could find that had the front and rear in 2.4 with snake skin in the "new compounds" So they will be here tomorrow according to the tracking number.
Those are some good tires that seem to hook up pretty well. I ran the eskar and cut the sidewall on one and then a riding buddy did the same a few days later. Heard they made the control a bit tougher. Let us know how you like the clutch i have heard a few good things but the more the better.
If you live in the Springs area, there is a night ride tonight (check front range forum) open invite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.