Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be going to denver in the next week or two. What are the best trails to ride that 1-2 hours around denver? Doesnt have to be anything super extreme. I would like to hit some good scenery to. Thanks for help.

·
MFin' Princess
5,488 Posts
Live_Wire said:
I am going to be going to denver in the next week or two. What are the best trails to ride that 1-2 hours around denver? Doesnt have to be anything super extreme. I would like to hit some good scenery to. Thanks for help.
There are a bunch of great rides very close to the city. All are easy to find, and all have maps available at the trail head. It just depends on the level of technical stuff, and the length of ride you want. All these following trails are easy to find, and very scenic.

Reached within 20 minutes of Denver:

Apex Park - more techy - 1.5 - 2.5 hours ride time
Deer Creek Canyon Park - less techy - 1 - 2 hours ride time
Matthews/Winters Park - more techy - 1 - 2 hours ride time
Mount Falcon Park - less techy - 1 - 2 hours ride time
White Ranch Park - moderately techy - depending on loop 1.5 - 3.5 hours ride time

Reached within 40-60 minutes of Denver:

Alderfer/Three Sisters Park - moderately techy, very scenic and high fun factor - 1.5 - 2.5 hours ride time
Elk Meadow Park / Bergen Peak - moderately techy, very scenic, longer 2 - 3 hours ride time
Pine Valley Ranch Park - less techy, great entrance into the Colorado Trail system, long loops available, 1 - 5 hours ride time

For a site that will give you maps and driving directions to all of the parks listed above, go here.

Reached within 2 hours of Denver:

If you're able to go 2 hours outside of Denver, try Kenosha to Georgia Pass, click here for more information. Extremely scenic, not techy, can make this ride as long as you want (allow 2 - 4 hours). If you do this ride, go early, and bring a rain coat; weather on these passes, this time of year, can get extreme -- quickly. It's probably exactly what you're looking for.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice avatar, W'04, flyin' the flag! Some of the best memories of my misspent youth involve Black Flag shows.

/hijack

Ya know, since Live_Wire is visiting it would be right hospitable to get together for a ride. Anyone, anyone? Bueller ...?

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Buy some trail books ...

Live_Wire said:
Hi LW:

I don't mean this flippantly, but buy some local trail books.

There are several good ones. When I first moved here, I bought two or three books,
and I just started checking off trails.

You can only ride a new trail once ... after that, it's an old trail.

There are loads of trails around Golden and around Boulder/Lyons. If you're willing to
drive up norht, there are loads more by Ft. Collins (not to mention around Laramie!).

And, to the south, Colo. Spgs. rocks. And we haven't even talked about Winter
Park, Brek, Steamboat, Leadville, Buena Vista, Salida, ...

Did you move here from outside of Colorado? If so, where from? What kind of
rides are you looking for, and where are you looking (i.e. which part of the Denver
area)?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.