Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kidding myself...
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have rented a cottage on Little Redstone Lake very close to the Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Reserve. We'll be there the second week of August. Can anyone recommend some trails worth trying? I will be looking for some fun technical stuff as well more scenic G-rated riding. Not everyone in our group is singletrack-minded! :) I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who is familiar with this area. Thanks!

·
Banned
640 Posts
Haliburton Forest

This is a great place for lots of different trails, easy to hard. The chico trail has packed in very well, except for the reroutes due to logging. For a much, much tougher trail try the new North Shore trail, it is purpose built singletrack. Again because of logging parts of it suck, but stay with it because it does get better once you get through the log skidding sections. The chosen route of this new build is much harder then the chico trail and it goes through some really nice rock sections, worth the grunt, but not for everyone. Ask at the office (you will need to draw it on your map) when you pay your user fee about the new trails and ones that are more user friendly. You could do a group ride on the easier ones and then tackle the North Shore while others go for a swim.

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
The Normac trail there is a classic. It's fun to ride in both directions and it leads you right into the Crank The Shield trail. It's not super long but it's a great challenge. :thumbsup:

·
Kidding myself...
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your insights! I'm looking forward to riding this area all the more. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts