Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the lucky situation that my work is sending me to a conference in San Francisco and afterwards I will be in Santa Cruz from the 17th - 19th of March and plan to rent a bike and get out on the trails in SC.

Which trails do you recommend I go ride if I have two or three days in SC?

Normally I ride technical singletrack with lots of roots and small jumps on my Yeti 575. I am looking for trails like this. I would prefer trails which are easy to find my way around.
I have been recommend Wilder and Soquel Demonstration Forest. Wilder seems to be quite close but Soquel seems a bit far but should be the best from what I have heard.

I have no Garmin GPS but can probably borrow one from one of my friends if this is recommend?

If anyone are planning on riding those days and want to show me around I will happily sponsor burger and beer afterwards :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
You should be able to find lots of what you are looking for.

Wilder: Newbie type trails...nothing too exciting
SC: There are no trails in SC.
Demo (only 30 minute drive from SC): Pretty great DH ST but lots of peddling/climbing required. I'll hook you up for a tour if you don't find a better option. Trails are a plenty here; each with their own attributes and personalities. Pretty easy to know which trail to hit once it is established what your skill level is...you sound Sawpit/Braille ready (unless you hate climbing).

PM me if you want more details. If you get hooked up right, you'll be stoked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.