Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
120 pounds of xc sex!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post the best trails in the area after the rains. Directions too! (And if you have any recent experiences riding in those areas too)

thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Depends on what yer looking for

Do you want muddy or semi-dry? I went riding on the pseudo bike trail by Nellie Gale in Orange County yesterday. Not sure if it's a trail per se, mostly rich people with horses live there but the sidewalk (which happens to be dirt/mud) is public property. There is also the Aliso Viejo Canyon you could try but I don't know if it's open so soon after a night's rain. You could try tho. Good luck.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The Gab

but not for a day or two. It is composed mostly of decomposed granite,but there are some sections that have a medium to high clay content which will leave a rut if you ride over it when it's very wet. Upper Merril is probably your best bet though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
carbnjunkie said:
Post the best trails in the area after the rains. Directions too! (And if you have any recent experiences riding in those areas too)

thanks!
Besides Merrills, Strawberry Peak and Chilao will be good after rain. As a matter of fact, a buddy of mine wants me to show him Strawberry Peak either on Tuesday or Wednesday. BTW, an extra layer will be handy since it'll will be cold up there.

·
Registered
756 Posts
BlueBike said:
Besides Merrills, Strawberry Peak and Chilao will be good after rain. As a matter of fact, a buddy of mine wants me to show him Strawberry Peak either on Tuesday or Wednesday. BTW, an extra layer will be handy since it'll will be cold up there.
Hey Blue Bike,
I don't have to work tomorrow and it's been at least two weeks since I froze my arse off, so I'd love to join you.

When & Where?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Pain Freak said:
Hey Blue Bike,
I don't have to work tomorrow and it's been at least two weeks since I froze my arse off, so I'd love to join you.

When & Where?
I am not sure if my friend wants to ride, but I am down for tomorrow. Can you meet me up at JPL at 9:30 am? Let's decide where to ride once we get together.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just seen this

And I'm still at home, and it's 9:30. Oh well, I've got Stans in my tires now so I'm going to go up some singletrack here behind my house and see how it's faired over the last year. It's the San Sevaine singletrack (full of goathead stickers), kind of a secret trail, but nobody ever inquires about it,so no real reason to keep it secret. Plus I'd love to share it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pain Freak said:
And I'm still at home, and it's 9:30. Oh well, I've got Stans in my tires now so I'm going to go up some singletrack here behind my house and see how it's faired over the last year. It's the San Sevaine singletrack (full of goathead stickers), kind of a secret trail, but nobody ever inquires about it,so no real reason to keep it secret. Plus I'd love to share it.
sup guys, khai here. check out my sig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.