Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ergon Bike
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some local knowledge if you are willing to offer it up....

Ergon will be in town for the Seattle Bike Expo in the middle of March. We are looking to do a demo day at a local trail head that offers a good selection of trails. This will also give me and my co-worker a reason to ride trails on work hours with like minded folks :thumbsup:

Some recent local knowledge suggested the South SeaTac Trail. This looks good...and somewhat close to the Expo. Is there anything else in that area?

Thanks

Jeff
Ergon USA

·
Registered
817 Posts
St. Edwards is also a good option

St. Edwards is relatively close by, and where a lot of bike companies do their bike demos. The park has a decent amount of parking and is fairly well known among bikers.
http://evergreenmtb.org/wiki/index.php?title=Trail:Saint_Edward_State_Park

Both are good options though. Hopefully some more locals will chime in with their recommendations.

Let us know where you decide and when, I have almost pulled the trigger a few times on Ergon grips and would love a chance to test them out before buying.

·
Ergon Bike
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent! The more feedback the better.

Right now we are thinking of a demo/group ride on Friday, March 13. There would be product to demo...as well as a laid back no-drop group ride with Topeak-Ergon team members: Dave Wiens, Sonya Looney, and Jeff Kerkove

I'll keep this forum in the loop as we get this nailed down.

Thanks!

Jeff
Ergon USA

·
Registered
422 Posts
ST Ed's or Tapeworm for demo day

The reason I vote for St Ed's (besides it being close to my house!) is it has restrooms and safe paved parking. You'd need to schedule the event with the rangers, tho. Try 425.823.2992 or email Mostafavinassab, Mohammad (PARKS) . Tapeworm would be good, but the trails there are more advanced; depends on who you think your target audience is. There are restrooms at tapeworm but they might not be open for the season yet. Try City of Renton Parks at 425-430-6700. You also should contact Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance (formerly BBTC); we'll help promote the events. http://evergreenmtb.org/home/index.php

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
"No drop" and "Wiens" in the same sentance? I may have to go on that just to ask why I was never picked for the HellRide. (I have chance in hell now that it is a beauty contest to get in and a race with much younger and fitter riders...) At least we can talk pump tracks...

Location is everything and St. Ed's lines that up. Second would be SST. Tolt and Tokul are too far away from Seattle and the trails are not right on top of the parking lot for swapping bikes in and out. Colonnade may be okay for a wider array of riders (xc to FR to DH) but the mileage is limited. If you go there, bring spare derailleurs and brake rotors... :eekster: :thumbsup: Bwahahahaha!

I'll probably see Matt, the local Topeak rep this weekend and have him contact you as well. He knows some of the trails up here.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Borneo said:
"No drop" and "Wiens" in the same sentance? I may have to go on that just to ask why I was never picked for the HellRide. (I have chance in hell now that it is a beauty contest to get in and a race with much younger and fitter riders...) .
Borneo, I think you are confusing Dave Wiens (Leadville 100 yoda) with Mark Weir (Downieville Super D master) who is the hellride guy.

EB

P.S. I also agree that St. Ed's would be the best spot during the expo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.