Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
No Clue Crew
7,091 Posts
I have a Metris, too, minus the poptop. Pretty happy with it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yep; Bell down to the west is the most technical of the bunch...
I used to do that Windgate/Bell loop fairly often back when the Quad Bypass rides were in their heyday. Always took it straight downhill on Bell since I had 6" of suspension at the time, but didn't they build a less-nasty bypass B-line around the gnarly bit at some point? Been years since I did it, but been thinking about it again recently.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I rode Wingate and Bell today just to see what it was like. The ride itself is a bit more convenient. I can do the loop, door to door in 2 hours. National took me 3 hours door to door.

The climbing was harder than expected. A lot of loose rocks and some sections of hike a bike. I think if I was in racing shape right now I’d be able to clean it but some sections had some pretty technical climbing. The descent off of bell was fun but it felt short for all that climbing. The views though, were great. I’d probably give it a 5 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I rode Wingate and Bell today just to see what it was like. The ride itself is a bit more convenient. I can do the loop, door to door in 2 hours. National took me 3 hours door to door.

The climbing was harder than expected. A lot of loose rocks and some sections of hike a bike. I think if I was in racing shape right now I’d be able to clean it but some sections had some pretty technical climbing. The descent off of bell was fun but it felt short for all that climbing. The views though, were great. I’d probably give it a 5 out of 10.

I’ve been trying different trails and just rode sunshine. I thought it was a great trail and in some ways better than national. I thought there were more sustained technical sections and it was faster. It just didn’t have that awesome large rock sectional that national has. Are there similar trails nearby? What’s the locals opinion about sunshine?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’ve been trying different trails and just rode sunshine. I thought it was a great trail and in some ways better than national. I thought there were more sustained technical sections and it was faster. It just didn’t have that awesome large rock sectional that national has. Are there similar trails nearby? What’s the locals opinion about sunshine?

Where is Sunshine? Nothing shows up on Trailforks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ah yes. Sunrise and not sunshine. What makes you think I’m female?

Hmmmmm. Unfortunately I dont find Sunrise on Trailforks either. I am interested in riding it as I enjoy National and would like to try it. Or, if possible, send directions on how to find it. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts

Assuming you're talking Sunrise W->E I'd say Pass Mountain clockwise is probably the most similar experience I'm aware of. Also maybe Mesquite Canyon out and back.

Other trails in the non-mcdowell mtn regional park area as well like Andrews Kinsey, but some of them are more rolling vs. up and down.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hmmmmm. Unfortunately I dont find Sunrise on Trailforks either. I am interested in riding it as I enjoy National and would like to try it. Or, if possible, send directions on how to find it. Thanks

Here it is on MTBproject.

·
Registered
111 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts