Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:)

I'm interested in which are the best tires for XC Racing ???

I have on front tire Shwalbe-Nobby Nic 2.25 Performance line and on back tire Continental X-King 2.2 + I mean to put back Shwalbe-Racing Ralph 2.25 Performance line ...

My real question is which tires are best in your opinion ????

+ all the details about the tires and the type of terrain is good or bad would help a lot thanks :D Respect ...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Really depends on the course and conditions (dry / muddy / rocky / rooty / hard pack single track etc.) but I'm partial to Continental Race Kings (Black Chili / ProTection version). Reasonably light, low rolling resistance / fast tread pattern and surprisingly good traction characteristics in most conditions.

·
Registered
182 Posts
On dry conditions - Rocket Ron front and Racing Ralph rear. On wet conditions - Nobby Nic front and Rocket Ron rear. So if you have those three tires you are prepared for all conditions.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Maxxis also has some good race rubber used in UCI XCO by various teams.
Try Ikon 2.2 or Aspen.
Both are light and good racing tires.
If you want superlight you can always go with Maxxlite. Only 345g per tire but it's probably not very durable

·
Registered
4 Posts
For whats it's worth I really liked the Racing Ralphs until I tore the sidewalls on both
the front and rear, loosing the front at speed was a little hairy. The trails were rooty and rocky. If your going to use them on smoother hard pack terrain I would recommend them, otherwise becareful.

·
XC Hack
343 Posts
Dry, hardpack: Bontrager 29-1 2.0 rear and 29-1 2.2 front. For more front end confidence in looser dry, 29-3 (more aggro knobs yet rolls nicely).

·
Relentless forward motion
354 Posts
Hello:)

I'm interested in which are the best tires for XC Racing ???

I have on front tire Shwalbe-Nobby Nic 2.25 Performance line and on back tire Continental X-King 2.2 + I mean to put back Shwalbe-Racing Ralph 2.25 Performance line ...

My real question is which tires are best in your opinion ????

+ all the details about the tires and the type of terrain is good or bad would help a lot thanks :D Respect ...
http://forums.mtbr.com/xc-racing-training/what-tire-combo-will-you-racing-2014-a-894445.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts