Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get more rugged tires for my hybrid when im going real fast i dont feel comfortable on the stock tires i have now.
any that are good for sandy and streets that might have more bumps.

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
What tires do you have now? What about the tires makes you feel uncomfortable? I doubt a change of tires is going to make a big difference on sand. Bigger lugs that dig into the sand and grip the surface below it might help. Otherwise, a bike that has room for much larger tires might help.

i am a fan of Panaracer Gravelkings SKs.

·
Registered
12,903 Posts
OK, nerds! How about a tire recommendation?

Waiting for caverex to clarify the question...

(I hate it when people call it a "700cc" wheel as well. Read up on tire sizing if that confused you.)

·
Registered
479 Posts
In 35's, I agree with the Cannonballs. Just changed over to them and was pleasantly surprised at how fast the roll on paved roads and also how well they grip offroad. Took 12 mile detour on the way home the other evening and road a mix of single track with rocks and roots and the local trails which are gravel and have a much more sandy base. Hit 35 mph on my fastest descent and things were plenty stable.

My 35's will coincidentally hold about 700cc's of Stans Sealant! :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
I've been using a set of Donnelly X'plor USH, a lot of road riding and a bit of sandy single track. No complaints.
As was I. Got 3000 miles on my last set with about 85% on road, 15% off. Performed great but I got new tubeless rims and went with the Cannonballs and they perform similarly which, in my book, is high praise! The USH's still have lots of life and I'll be swapping them over to my Nature Boy when its tires wear out.

Not sure the cannonballs will last as long but they do seem to offer a bit more offroad grip. If the OP's rims are not tubeless, I too would recommend the USH's!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.