Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the tire experts out there, if I'm riding sandy hardpack or soft loamy trails, have 26" tires, want a great cornering - fast rolling front tire up to 2.4 wide. And a super fast rear tire at 2.2 wide, what would you guy's recommend?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Maxxis Ignitor LUST 2.35 FR and Larsen TT 2.0 LUST. This combination comes highy recommended by many that ride here in Perth(Australia) the conditions are mostly dry, rocks,Sandy,Gravel and roots. I too run this combo with stans & have never had a problem... and I ride the trails alot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Specialized clutch sx for the front. Comes in 2.3 or if you want to go big 2.5. It is the best tire I have ever used. I use it for cross country, all mountain, and downhill. It corners amazing. Handles great in dry sand or wet mud and great through rocks. I have not found anything that it cant handle. The purgatory or eskar are good back tires.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Another Fl rider, so we know a thing or two about sand. Not sure if you're riding hardpacked sand or sand over hard pack. If it's the latter, my tire combo may not work as well. I've been rolling with a 2.3" Conti Speed King up front and a 2.1" Maxxis Monorail in back. There are a ton of folks using the Kenda SB8 around here, but they don't have enough bite for me. Maxxis Crossmarks, Ignitors, and Schwalbe Racing Ralphs are other popular treads here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Conti's for me

I've been using continental trail kings black chili non-UST 2.4F/2.2R setup tubless and absolutely love these in a wide variety of terrain. I'm sure there are other faster rolling tires out there but this combo is tough to beat as an all arounder. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.