Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Independent Fabrication Ti 29er Delux

This is my Ti Deluxe from last year. I haven't got a picture of my new one, but it's basically the same. New one has INine wheels.
Sure I ride for IF but, I haven't always, and when I first put a leg over this bike, I knew it was different. The ride is incredible. Made to fit me. Craftsmanship is beautiful. Since getting Ti, I've started paying attention to the welds on others bikes, and very few people are as flawless as the IF. I mean very few. It's not the cheapest, but the craftsmanship, customization and quality is of the highest standards.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Tell your buddy that "best bang for the buck" should not be used in the same sentence as "custom Ti" If you're gonna do a custom Ti frame, go big, or go home. Thats my opinion.

Look at Lynskey, Seven, Moots, Merlin, Black Sheep, etc. No particular order.

·
Registered
125 Posts
"Best bang for your buck" is going to be whoever is local and understands your riding style and terrain. Nailing fit is one thing, but hammering down a frame design that suits you and your style is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. Buying based on a brand (for custom) is a total waste of time, imo. You need a builder that will fit your needs exactly, or you might as well just buy off the peg. I've ridden plenty of bikes that fit, but they could never hold a candle to the end result of a local custom build by an artisan that understands our local terrain.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
InVeloVeritas said:
"Best bang for your buck" is going to be whoever is local and understands your riding style and terrain. Nailing fit is one thing, but hammering down a frame design that suits you and your style is a whole 'nother kettle of fish. Buying based on a brand (for custom) is a total waste of time, imo. You need a builder that will fit your needs exactly, or you might as well just buy off the peg. I've ridden plenty of bikes that fit, but they could never hold a candle to the end result of a local custom build by an artisan that understands our local terrain.
That's a great idea but what if you do not have a custom builder in your backyard. I'm in the same position in that I'm thinking of building up a titanium hardtail. I'd love to walk in somewhere and tell them what I want but it's not reality. There is no-one that I know of in my area ( Northern New Jersey ). Therefore I would have to work with someone further away, with a good reputation and give as much information as I can.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's hard to go wrong with Quiring. Full custom ti for around 1500-1700 bucks. And turn-around time of around 8 weeks or so, at least when I ordered mine earlier this year.

If your friend wants full custom ti at a reasonable price, he should call Scott even if he decideds to buy elsewhere. There is just no reason not to; he makes very good bikes at a very good price.

http://quiringcycles.net/

Wish your friend the best of luck!

Joe

joerazlifts said:
my friend is looking for a custom ti builder and wants to get the best bang for his buck but also wants a kick ass bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.