Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a subtle reminder about the damaging effects of the sun (e.g. farmer tan) - I was wondering what sunscreen you guys like to use.

I've been using Coppertone Sport but I feel that it still tends to run a little from sweating. I definitely don't want something that feels greasy or smells like a beachside cabana.

Any thoughts?

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Longs

dubjay said:
After a subtle reminder about the damaging effects of the sun (e.g. farmer tan) - I was wondering what sunscreen you guys like to use.

I've been using Coppertone Sport but I feel that it still tends to run a little from sweating. I definitely don't want something that feels greasy or smells like a beachside cabana.

Any thoughts?
Longs Drug Store house brand. It's a clone of Coppertone for half the price.

- ray

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
yeah--I hate the coppertone sport--my eyes always sting bigtime from all the sweat. Maybe as the next poster suggests I need to let it soak in. I hat waiting--on anything--why would i want to 4 sunscreen.

My wife had something sport I found in the car. Bright yellow bottle. It goes on like paste and you have to rub it in for a few secs---but no matter how much I sweat no stinging. It's great.

Maybe someone knows the name; I'm 2 lazy to go 2 the car 2 see:D

dubjay said:

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Another trick...

I use Coppertone Sport all the time, including lots of hot-dripping-sweat rides and watersports. It's the best I've found, and I've tried almost everything. I don't like the vaseline-like feel of Bullfrog, or the way most "sweatproof" sunscreens clog your pores.

Another trick is to not apply sunscreen above your eyes on a hot ride. Only put it on your cheeks, nose, ears, and back of neck -- these are the spots that burn first, and the helmet does a pretty good job of covering your forehead -- and then you don't have any sunscreen above your eyes to run down into them.

·
They call me Shoogs
150 Posts
Ditto

NappyT said:
Spray it on before the ride and it last all day long. Best part is that its Oil-free, Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), Waterproof, Sweatproof and doesn't smell funny like Bull Frog.
Love the Nuetrogeona (sp).

·
rbtm member
888 Posts
NappyT said:
Spray it on before the ride and it last all day long. Best part is that its Oil-free, Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), Waterproof, Sweatproof and doesn't smell funny like Bull Frog.
I use the same thing in SPF 40 non-spray. Expensive but works very well. I come back after many many hours in the sun as pastey white as when I started! Good stuff.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I like the "false tan" I get from sunblock. The dust usually sticks to the sunblock, so I look REALLY tan until I hop in the shower. I suppose if I'm covered with dirt, that's just another layer of protection from the sun :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.