Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the best quality, best performing SS chain out there ? Looking at a Sram Nickel plated or a Wippurman - but neither got good reviews on here.....

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
This question gets asked about every two weeks, scroll through a few pages or search "chain" in the SS forum. SRAM and KMC get the most votes, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all - going for the nickel plated Sram - if they both work well then it's down to looks.....and a purple chain is a bridge too far for me !

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
I am a huge fan of SRAM chains on my geared bikes - but the PC-1 lasted about 6 weeks on my SS. The bushings disintegrated while on a ride. Replaced with the KMC 410 (what the bike came with, that lasted over a year...) and it was a huge improvement. Strange - I have heard that KMC makes Shimano's chains, and they don't hold up or shift for me well at all, except for Dura-Ace on the road. Just my experience - If you have 3/32" sprockets and cogs, hope the 870 works for you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.