Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to stud my veerubber snowshoes for the winter and would like to get another set of wheels for easy switch out for everything else I ride with the fatty. Loving riding it everywhere, cant wait for the summer but these tires slip alot, what are the best knobbs for rocks, loose dirt and some mud? Thanks.

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
I have 4.8 Knard on the rear and Bud on the front on Clownshoes. Excellent combination. Probably even better on Darryls for what you need.
One of my friends has 4.8 Knards on Darryls front and rear and is very happy.
I just looked at 4.7 Barbegazis for my brother today. Sweet looking tire, but I haven't tried em yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ground Control 4.0's...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I ran Knard/Knard 3.8 120's last two years and they worked great on dirt trail.

I bought a new SS Pugs recently for singletrack use and have Knard rear, Husker Du front. While I have no personal experience with this combo, I've heard and read from enough people that this is a good setup. I'll leave the Nates on my geared Pugs and use it for Winter riding. I've got it down to ~29 lbs so it should be a pretty fun rig.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what are the FBN? I was thinking nate then I saw the maxxim minions and those look good to, for a bit of savings. Anyone got these? I do not really care about weight, I am looking to workout and have a good ride though, and there is nothing worse then needless backtire spin out.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
what are the FBN? I was thinking nate then I saw the maxxim minions and those look good to, for a bit of savings. Anyone got these? I do not really care about weight, I am looking to workout and have a good ride though, and there is nothing worse then needless backtire spin out.
Panaracer Fat B Nimble = FBN

·
Not the fake Jay Leno
404 Posts
What size rims are you running OP? If you are running a wide rim and then drop to a smaller tire, you could be looking a noticeable drop in the bottom bracket too. I went from 4.6" Ground Controls to 4" FBNs on my Fatboy, and I liked the tires for the summer, but I didn't like the pedal strikes. I might look at the Jumbo Jims 4.8's for this summer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a fatbike and will probably ride it during the second week of june. What would be the best tires for that week?

I think I will have to take the stock tires off and replace them with a more suitable tire. I saw a picture of a stock fat tire on the internet and really....it wont get the right traction for my needs.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,374 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts