Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take a Bike trip this summer with my family. I will be riding while they chill in Hotel, shop, etc. I live in L.A. and ride AM style riding with a Gary Fisher Roscoe 2. I could always go to Mammoth but wouldn't mind some other suggestions.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Best spot? I haven't found it yet, but it sure is fun looking. Your profile says you are in Camarillo. You are looking for a place to go with the family that they will have fun as well?

Mammoth is one thought. The Tahoe region has lots of riding, in a wide range of areas and trail / terrain types, from DH at Northstar to epic cross country trails. And Tahoe has lots of rec opportunities for the family.

Downieville and Nevada City have great riding, but are pretty small towns. Same with the area up around Redding / Whiskeytown.

There are tons of places to ride between Monterey and San Francisco, and various beaches, parks, and urban areas for the family to hit up.

Have fun.

·
Registered
254 Posts
oceanminded said:
I want to take a Bike trip this summer with my family. I will be riding while they chill in Hotel, shop, etc. I live in L.A. and ride AM style riding with a Gary Fisher Roscoe 2. I could always go to Mammoth but wouldn't mind some other suggestions.

Thanks!
Tahoe / Downieville / Northstar for sure... you'll find tons to fit your riding style and still have enough going on to keep the family entertained. Check Nstar website for stay and play packages for a starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts