Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a regular place to take my Gran Mal for full tunes..I know I won't need them all the time, but I want a place where the guys working on my bike ride mountain bikes and have a vast knowledge of riding and mechanics...And wouldn't mind me watching or learning a little from them...
Any shops come to mind???

Where is the best place to get a full tune on a DH rig?

TIA

Josh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joyride is the most DH/freeride friendly shop I've been to so far (not that I've been to all the local shops...). One of the owners, Phil, does some of the downhill races, and is a pretty cool guy to talk to. Their website is at http://joyride-cycles.com/.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Go to Idaho Mountain Touring and ask for James or Bobs and ask for Patrick...they know what time it is...That said, I do my own work..but If I were to trust another....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
ABLACKCAR said:
I'm looking for a regular place to take my [fill in bike] for full tunes..I know I won't need them all the time, but I want a place where the guys working on my bike ride mountain bikes and have a vast knowledge of riding and mechanics...And wouldn't mind me watching or learning a little from them...
Any shops come to mind???
I like the way you asked the question. I will send it to a fairly new shop as a recommendation on what people want in a shop.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
velomech.net Alan is an ex DH racer meticulous and faster than hell... Firm beleiver in the right tools period and knows his stuff. Ride with him on a regular basis tue/fri rides shuttles all over the area riders welcome as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts