Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a DT style spoke wrench at a Park price. The Park is good but I like the 4 sided semi-box style. The Spokey is also good but the actual metal portion is relatively small and the plastic flexes a bit at high tension. Does anyone know of a good metal semi-box style spoke wrench? I'm thinking about the new Pedros. Has anyone used it?

https://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=TL0569

And while we're on the subject of spoke wrenches, does anyone know where I can get a Spline Drive Pro spoke tool? I have a set of nips but there is no way I'm going to build with that little trail tool.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Homebrew said:
I'm looking for a DT style spoke wrench at a Park price. The Park is good but I like the 4 sided semi-box style. The Spokey is also good but the actual metal portion is relatively small and the plastic flexes a bit at high tension. Does anyone know of a good metal semi-box style spoke wrench? I'm thinking about the new Pedros. Has anyone used it?

https://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&SKU=TL0569

And while we're on the subject of spoke wrenches, does anyone know where I can get a Spline Drive Pro spoke tool? I have a set of nips but there is no way I'm going to build with that little trail tool.
The Pedros works well. Only use for those tough to move nipples though. I still prefer my Park.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy©®™ said:
The Pedros works well. Only use for those tough to move nipples though. I still prefer my Park.
Thanks Shiggy, that's good enough for me. I'll get the LBS to order me one. How would you compare the open end of the Pedros to the Park?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Homebrew said:
Thanks Shiggy, that's good enough for me. I'll get the LBS to order me one. How would you compare the open end of the Pedros to the Park?
Fit is about the same but it is easier to get the Park on because of the beveled opening. I can build a wheel much quicker with the Park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.