Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just curious what people think are the best slicks out there these days? I have a fully rigid Mtn bike I use to bomb around town. I like to go pretty fast and I'm looking for something fast. I have a pair of Continental Avenues that have been great. I think I prefer something around 1.75, but if anybody has any experience with something narrower and thinks it is the way to go, please let me know. I just get worried that something too narrow wouldn't be able to handle curbs/steps too well. I don't really do any drops. Let me know, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
ssc280 said:
Hi, just curious what people think are the best slicks out there these days? I have a fully rigid Mtn bike I use to bomb around town. I like to go pretty fast and I'm looking for something fast. I have a pair of Continental Avenues that have been great. I think I prefer something around 1.75, but if anybody has any experience with something narrower and thinks it is the way to go, please let me know. I just get worried that something too narrow wouldn't be able to handle curbs/steps too well. I don't really do any drops. Let me know, thanks for the help.
fatty slicks are the way to bomb around town. I really like my schwalbe big apple & supermoto (2.35).

I picked up some cyclepro 26x2.0's on nashbar closeout a while back which are put on as my wife's 'pavement' wheelset. not nearly as cush (lower volume), but roll fast & were cheap. note: I have pinch flatted w/ these on curbs, but I'm also a clyde, so have to make up for bad technique with superfat tires ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts