Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
scottay said:
Looking for a used fork, around $300. Z150 maybe? What else should I look at? scott
You should be able to find a used Z150 for that price. Maybe look at the Shermans'.

Also for close to that price, you might be able to find a new RS Pike .

mtnbikej

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 2003.5 Z150 on mine. The fork itself is fantastic: great action, plush (but you all know that) after break-in and stiffer than my 2001 JrT for whatever it`s worth. But it comes at a price of over three kilos. It`s also a bit high to climb with but If you can get a deal on one go a head.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
8" 888 RC on my Bullit

I've got an 8" 888RC on my Bullit and it is SICK!!!! I did get the Go-Ride lowrider lower crown on there to bring the front end down 1 1/8th in. I also ran a 2001 Super T on there for a while with 6" of travel and that was a sweet set up too. I think that Super T weighs less than most of the new long travel single crowns. I've got one of those for $175.00 available.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
re: 2001 Super T

The 2001 Super T was great on the Bullit because it was light enough to make it a viable all around trailbike that you could use for downhill and freeride too. The Super T is an extremely adjustble and very plush fork. The reason that I switched was that I wanted more travel. At the time I had only one bike and was looking for versatility. Now, I have a trailbike, a Foes FXR with a Pike Team, and the Bullit is strictly my big hit, downhill bike. Before I got the 888 I was using a 2004 Super T with 7" of travel. That is an awesome fork too but about the same weight as the 888. Both of those forks are easily 2lbs heavier than that 2001 Super T that I have. They are all great forks. It's hard to beat a Marzocchi for plushness, durability and low maintenance. On that note, I must add, the Rockshox Pike Team that I have is incredible and I think it is the fork to give Marzocchi a run for their money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.