Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up some new gear and I was wondering what kind of shorts you people are using when you go free riding. Some padding would be nice, but I don't mind wearing baggies over lycra. I live in florida, so heat is a big factor. Thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
omg, now everyone gotta fr specific shorts

no fvckin point in buying specific articles of clothing for everything u do

any baggy shorts will work

i may be a noob in this topic but lemme geuss, fr shorts give u wider range of motion... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Lighten up, China- It's a legit question. :rolleyes: Most people don't use typical chamois-type mtb shorts (you are not putting in the saddle time like you are in XC). Most freeride/DH shorts are made of a tough material like heavy canvas or cordura, some like Red 5 posted have some external patch-type reinforcement. Anything that doesn't rip too easy and hides dirt (cutoff fatigues or Dickey's work fine for me). I just bought a pair of armoured shorts like Red 5's second picture to wear under them for riding DH, haven't tried them out yet.

·
DOWNHILL MAFIA
1,360 Posts
I swear some of you come up with the girliest topics..........Queer eye for the dh guy.
No offense harcore dh/fr chicks..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.