Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
unpossibles
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this year I got back into mtb after roughly 8 years away from it. I bought a leftover 2011 Cannondale sl2 because I was happy with my last C'dale and it seemed like the best bang for the buck , and I love it, but I'm a big dude and I think a FS would suit me well on these nasty NE trails. I didnt go all-in on this bike because i wanted to be sure I was still into it, and I am. With the possibility of dropping serious cash on my next bike I want to make sure I work with a shop that really knows their sh!t when it comes to fitting.

So, where are the best shops? I do my own maintenance so location isn't super important. I got my bike at Goodales in Nashua and the place was a joke, lots of selection but I could have said I wanted something totally inappropriate for my needs and they would have sold it to me no questions asked.

·
Go Bruins!
587 Posts
I'm quite partial to D&G Cycle Sports in Epping NH. I've known one of the owners for close to ten years, and I've known one of the mechanics for a while now. They are fair and know what they are doing. However, over toward the seacoast there are quite a few good shops. Wheel Power and Exeter Cycles in Exeter have good people. Also I know the owner and a couple of mechanics over at Gus's bike shop in North Hampton. Riverside Cycle in Newburyport gets good props around here as well, and there's Papa Wheelies,Trek Shop, and a good guy with a lot of knowledge at the Eastern Mountain Sports in Portsmouth. YMMV on a few of these places, but I would stake my rep on D&G. Great guys who ride, know their crap, can fine tune your ride to perfection, and can get you what you want. Good luck.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm quite partial to D&G Cycle Sports in Epping NH. I've known one of the owners for close to ten years, and I've known one of the mechanics for a while now. They are fair and know what they are doing. However, over toward the seacoast there are quite a few good shops. Wheel Power and Exeter Cycles in Exeter have good people. Also I know the owner and a couple of mechanics over at Gus's bike shop in North Hampton. Riverside Cycle in Newburyport gets good props around here as well, and there's Papa Wheelies,Trek Shop, and a good guy with a lot of knowledge at the Eastern Mountain Sports in Portsmouth. YMMV on a few of these places, but I would stake my rep on D&G. Great guys who ride, know their crap, can fine tune your ride to perfection, and can get you what you want. Good luck.
+1 for D&G I use there londonderry shop because its closer. They know their stuff over there and will give you good advice

·
unpossibles
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I will check these out, especially d&g as I'm smack in between Londonderry and Epping distance-wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts