Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MTBer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some minimal oil residue on my fork. I also don't have the set of skills to do it at home. I probably need to service the fork soon so does anyone recommend any shops around San Antonio or Austin. With reasonable pricing?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was getting some services done on my ride at Britton Bicycle Shop off of 1604 near Blanco rd & they had told me they can service fox shocks as far as seals (most seals) and fluid goes. But anything more then that it would have to go to fox. The guys there seem pretty knowledgeable. They are still new to me but so far I have been impressed with their work.

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
I would talk to Greg over at Bicycle Heaven. He's a really good mechanic. If he doesn't know then I'm sure he could refer you to someone who does.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bob at Ride Away bikes on Culebra and 1604 is your fox guy to go too. He is a certified fox guy, fox even calls him and asks him his input on what he see in the shops as far as their forks/shocks go. He knows his S&IT!

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
is that Greg who used to work at Bike World? that dude knows his stuff!
It might be. He was referred to me by another mechanic who quit work to be a stay at home dad. Said Greg grew up around bikes. I've had him work on my bikes for the past year and he does a great job.

Bob at Ride Away bikes on Culebra and 1604 is your fox guy to go too. He is a certified fox guy, fox even calls him and asks him his input on what he see in the shops as far as their forks/shocks go. He knows his S&IT!
I've heard of that guy from another rider. I'm curious to here from the OP as to where he goes.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Pick any local LBS that has experience. Forget about Risse, PUSH and Shockspital....unless you wanna wait 3+ weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts