Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i'm just starting to get into dh/freeride and have some experience so far but what would everyone suggest for shoes to use while doing dh/freeride?

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Uncle Cliffy said:
Red leather knee high stiletto boots... If those don't work, then you should get 510 Impacts...
I thought they were suede knee high stilettos...boy am I going to look like a dork now on the trails

plus having a problem of breaking off stiletto

·
Working on my Drops
632 Posts
I got the Marzoochi Bomber shoes which is the 5.10 but with some upgrades. I love those shoes and would not hestitate to buying another.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
High vs Low is more a matter of personal preference. Some guys like the extra ankle support while others like the mobility of the low top.

·
Registered
213 Posts
As newbie in DH (just 3 days practicing), all monitors & experienced peopel I talked recommend me 5-10 boots just for 3 reasons:

1.- Ankle protection internal injuries: sprain anke, etc.
2.- Anke protection external injuiries: impacts, crashes, etc.
3.- Excepcional grip.

Just this was my choice:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone have time on those handicapped, retarded shoes from Shimano? For some reason I kind of like the way they look. I guess we have choices to make in life....when riding, do we want to look like we are handicapped or a member of the Imperial forces.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.