Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search and couldn't find anything, so I am starting a new thread. What is the best shoe size for AM? I wear size 11s for xc and road, and have been wearing 11s for other kinds of riding too. However, my shoes are worn out, and I thought maybe I should get a smaller pair just for AM, something that would be more flickable, more like play shoes.

So, what size shoes do you guys wear for AM? And what kind of bike setup do you have? I would be especially interested in how shoe size and bottom bracket height compare.

·
it's....
2,088 Posts
You need high tops for AM/FR riding, size don't matta.
But for proper setup, you should get the remote adjustable high tops.
You can probably rig it up to work with dropper seatpost remote so one remote drops both.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ChainChain said:
This is why I tend to stay out of this forum
mmmm seems you fail.
:D ;) :) :thumbsup: :p :eek: :rolleyes: :madmax: :eekster: :nono: :cool:

Anyway....I found this on the net. I bet she would do well in technical situations. May not be too comfortable for longer, epic rides? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
750 Posts
toms makes the ultimate am shoe. light and very low profile thus lowering your center of gravity. some might scoff at the thin soles but they actually allow you to feel the bike, the trail, and every pin on your pedal so you feel really connected. These just scream AM! combine them with skinny jeans a tight fitting cotton t-shirt you will be super am. I hear specialized is gonna issue that kit to their freeride and dh teams.

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Even though you bumped an old ass thread I'd like to thank you for doing so. Fotu is a god amongst posters. And even though I knew it was going to be a troll even before I opened it, I still found myself laughing. Anyone know where Fotu went? He seems to die and then come back.

·
Blue Pig
1,553 Posts
pfox90 said:
Even though you bumped an old ass thread I'd like to thank you for doing so. Fotu is a god amongst posters. And even though I knew it was going to be a troll even before I opened it, I still found myself laughing. Anyone know where Fotu went? He seems to die and then come back.
Old? This was in, February... It's May... I don't think it's THAT old. Anyways! I just had to help him with his shoe finding, even though I failed at a proper shoe size. :madman:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.