Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't use a dropper post so I need a good QR. Currently on a Salsa which clamps good but needs frequent lubing. Syntace, IRD, CB any help would be appreciated ? Thanks.

·
Registered
816 Posts
keen said:
Don't use a dropper post so I need a good QR. Currently on a Salsa which clamps good but needs frequent lubing. Syntace, IRD, CB any help would be appreciated ? Thanks.
I used a Salsa for many years but really didn't like the lubing it needed to stay smooth. I've been using a Hope and like it a lot better.

·
Registered
802 Posts
There's not much to a seatpost clamp, but I've had a few I didn't like. Some split their washer or needed frequent adjustments during a ride. I've been very happy with my Hope. Feels solid, comes in great colors and runs on a brass washer so it won't need lubed. My post hasn't slipped since I switched to one. I just wish they made one to fit my Trans AM.

·
Registered
9,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chromag gets good reviews for its clamping force - Don't see any US sellers stocking a 35mm ?. Can't find any US sellers for the Tune Wuerger either but I really like the idea of cam actuation.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You really can't go too wrong. It's not like it's complicated tech. Just avoid one with a plastic cam. Eventually you will break it. I ordered a Woodman one online once not realizing it had a plastic cam. I used it for awhile, then was adjusting my seat before a ride one day and had it snap on me. =/ I was able to get it working almost like a bolt on clamp for that one ride, but it was pretty much worthless as a QR after that.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
my stock jamis one seems to work good enough but if i were to get an aftermarket one id look at loaded. the seem pretty cool. but i got a reverb so i need a standard clamp, im thinking a light pink salsa liplock for a bit of bling. plus the pink will be a nice eye catcher/ conversation piece.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
b-kul said:
my stock jamis one seems to work good enough but if i were to get an aftermarket one id look at loaded. the seem pretty cool. but i got a reverb so i need a standard clamp, im thinking a light pink salsa liplock for a bit of bling. plus the pink will be a nice eye catcher/ conversation piece.
Plus you could ride with a pink polo with a popped collar too! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sorry, a little off topic, but:

Can someone recommend the best cable housing ferrule? The stock ones on my bike were fine, but I am ready to upgrade to a sweet aftermarket ferrule. Do you know of any that looks great, but is also the best? I don't mind paying a little more as long as I know I am getting the best cable housing ferrules there are. Do Hope or Chromag make any?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.