Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a used supermoto, it has a zoke all mountain 130 but am looking to swap it out for a bigger fork, this is going to be my big bike. any suggestions???

bog

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sold the rfx

Hey fo, what are you doing over here in the titus forums?? I unloaded the rfx a while ago, someone wanted it and i needed the cash at the time more than the bike. I just found out i am being relocated to salt lake city utah so i need a bigger bike for the mountains

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
bogmonster said:
Hey fo, what are you doing over here in the titus forums?? I unloaded the rfx a while ago, someone wanted it and i needed the cash at the time more than the bike. I just found out i am being relocated to salt lake city utah so i need a bigger bike for the mountains
the homers are just not nice people. titus folks are good peeps.

my RFX is ok....got a new shock but ill be damned if i have even had a chance to try it. have not ridden forever due to work...have to present to the top brass tomorrow and will be lucky if i get out alive.

cheers

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
How much travel are you running on the rear? Coil or air rear shock? Which linkage? I've got an 06 SuMo and I am running an 06 Marz 66 rc2x. I find it is just right for downhill, but the front end is a little light for steep climbs.

If this is mainly a downhill/stunt bike, I'd stick to coil. Plusher and more reliable IMO.

I believe the 05 has a slightly steeper head tube angle than mine...maybe you could use a 180mm fork to slacken her out a bit??? The 07 66's are 180mm.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
160mm

I was thinking of 160mm, the frame has the 5.7 rockers with swinger 4 way. I might upgrade to the coffin rocker for 7" if need be, but i think the 5.7 rocker will work fine. I was almost thinking on a manitu nixon with tpc +, i had a sherman on my quasi moto and really dug it. the new nixon has 1600mm i believe.

bog

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
bogmonster said:
I was thinking of 160mm, the frame has the 5.7 rockers with swinger 4 way. I might upgrade to the coffin rocker for 7" if need be, but i think the 5.7 rocker will work fine. I was almost thinking on a manitu nixon with tpc +, i had a sherman on my quasi moto and really dug it. the new nixon has 1600mm i believe.

bog
I've had everything from a Marz marathon to a fox 40 on my supermoto.

1. MX pro
2. Marathon
3. Z1 SL130
4. Sherman 150 firefly
5. Sherman 150 firefly
6. Sherman 150 firefly
7. Travis
8. Fox 40rc2
9. 2007 36Tallas RC2

the SM with a fox 40 is alot of fun. but it is very hard to keep the front end down when going up hill. ;) the tallas 36 is by far my favorite for all around trail.

in regards to linkage. the geometry doesn't change much with each linkage ( only difference is due to sag), so even with my 7 inch linkage, the geo still works with the fork set at 100mm. it is real fun to ride at 100mm in tight single track. so a fork that still works in reduced travel mode is a plus. travel adjustible fork has got to be my #1 recomendation.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've got a RockShox Domain (U-turn coil, 1.5 steerer) on mine, and I've been quite happy. 160mm seems to work really well, the bike feels really well balanced. It's also nice to turn the travel down to get the front end down for the climbs. I haven't had any problems yet. I like having the 1.5 steerer, nice and stiff, and the frame is made for it. It is quite smooth and the rebound and compression adjustments work pretty well.

If you don't have a lot of money to spend, the Domain would be a good option. If money isn't an issue, a 36 or 66 might be a better.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
bogmonster said:

bog
hey bog, i gotta say i friggin LOVE my fork. adjustable up to 175mm travel (07 66SL).

I think it is an incredible fork and from my limited experience, the best fork i have ever been on.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
Bog

I have also been looking at the 07 Nixon Elite. 130-160mm adjustable travel, proven TPC+, COIL!, lightweight (less than 5 pounds), available in 1.5 HT and (not to be overlooked) pretty affordable (can be purchased brand new on ebay for less than 500).

The Nixon is likely not as stiff as the other big tubed forks mentioned by the others. I'd be using this fork as a trail fork though...I'd keep my Marz for Whistler and "the Shore".

Congrats on your new Titus! I think you'll love the SuMo.

Let us know what you decide...and for cryin' out loud...post some friggin pictures. I'm getting sick of seeing all these wimpy little motolites posted on this board. :p

cheers

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Me Too!!!

geolover said:
Bog

I have also been looking at the 07 Nixon Elite. 130-160mm adjustable travel, proven TPC+, COIL!, lightweight (less than 5 pounds), available in 1.5 HT and (not to be overlooked) pretty affordable (can be purchased brand new on ebay for less than 500).

The Nixon is likely not as stiff as the other big tubed forks mentioned by the others. I'd be using this fork as a trail fork though...I'd keep my Marz for Whistler and "the Shore".

Congrats on your new Titus! I think you'll love the SuMo.

Let us know what you decide...and for cryin' out loud...post some friggin pictures. I'm getting sick of seeing all these wimpy little motolites posted on this board. :p

cheers
So post em! Is Blizz the only SuMo rider that can get her off the ground with a camera running?

Edit: Scratch that, let's just get a couple built up SM pics. I mean anything!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So many choices!!

It's going to take some thinking , so many good choices out there!! I need the fork for trail riding and moab and gooseberry runs so i want a little drop capability as well.I will get some pics up as soon as i can, still waiting on the frame to arrive....

bog.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New fork coming!!!

Well i made up my mind, and with a little help from my parts pusher in the barn i have a new fork in route. This will be interesting, something a little different! It should be uvnailed this weekend if all goes well...

bog

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
bogmonster said:
Well i made up my mind, and with a little help from my parts pusher in the barn i have a new fork in route. This will be interesting, something a little different! It should be uvnailed this weekend if all goes well...

bog
dude the new SID is sick!!!

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
demo_slug said:
dude the new SID is sick!!!
SIDs are cool except the world cup model....that is totally ghey cause it has the gheyest of all ghey materials (carbon) forming the crown.

the baby blue Judy is still the best fork to date.

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
geolover said:
Bog

I have also been looking at the 07 Nixon Elite. 130-160mm adjustable travel, proven TPC+, COIL!, lightweight (less than 5 pounds)
I think it will be a little over 5lbs. Still very light for 160mm. Manitou has claimed it to be stiffer than a Fox 36, but I am skeptical. Maybe when it's dialed all the way down.

I currently am running an '06 Nixon Super TA (145mm) with a Swinger 3-Way using the 5.7 rockers. It's a very nice fork, feels as stiff as my Sherman Firefly and is noticeably lighter. And while both have TPC+, the Nixon has so much more compression and rebound adjustment, much easier to fine tune.

I'll be getting an '07 Talas RC2 to match with the 7" rockers and Swinger coil. As soon as Bob gets one in anyway. . .

My brother is running an '07 All Mountain 1 TA, which has a ridiculously huge crown and is stiff as hell. HUGE difference in stiffness between the Nixon and the AM1, although it's also a full pound heavier. It's a really nice fork, except for loose knobs and very tall A2C. Good prices on them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.