Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

1,065 Posts
If it is just a "tune up", ABS and Cycle Works are my first choices for mountain, and Spokesman for road (but they also do mountain bikes). For more complicated stuff, Trailhead in Cupertino (main focus is mountain bikes). I have had poor results with Epicenter, and I wouldn't bring a non-Trek bike there even if I hadn't. I will credit them for motivating me to do my own maintenance and repairs.

· Registered
4,082 Posts
While I’m a huge fan of ABS in SC, if you want to get a fast turn around for bike work a good option would be Monterey Peninsula Power sports. Fairly recently they opened a bike shop within that moto shop, and the guy managing it (James Eves) has worked in the bike industry for many many years. I’d trust him with any and all work from wheel builds to standard services.

· Registered
44 Posts
As a long time shop guy, shops that are good get bad raps, and bad shops get good recommendations based on one good guy there helping someone. It's hard to say one is better than the other. If all you need is a basic tune up, pretty much any shop that sells mountain bikes can handle it easily. I'd start by heading to whichever shop is closest to you and give them a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.