Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in western Mass for a weekend. Any tips on good riding? NEMBA database speaks of Charlemont and also Pittsfield State Forest as destinations, which would be close.

Thanks for any advice.
Mike

·
Registered
898 Posts
I rode up and down Greylock once on some old ski trails. I think they connected into the pipeline trail. There are also some trails along the teconic ridge that connect in to old ski trails. It's been 20 years since I rode there though.

·
Registered
990 Posts
You might get a better response by posting in the Massachusetts forum.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Earl's Trails and B-Street both just south of Amherst & DAR state forest west of Northampton are all good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trip was a success. Good riding was had. We did one day at DAR, which was decent. Moose Run trail being the best. Second day was at Dubuque State Forest. That was excellent and wished we had more time to explore. We parked behind the Fire Station and headed west onto the Kiln Rd and found great singletrack.

·
Registered
696 Posts
The trip was a success. Good riding was had. We did one day at DAR, which was decent. Moose Run trail being the best. Second day was at Dubuque State Forest. That was excellent and wished we had more time to explore. We parked behind the Fire Station and headed west onto the Kiln Rd and found great singletrack.
Glad you found Dubuque. It pretty much answers the question posed by the thread. It is among the "Best riding in Western Massachusetts..." I didn't see your post in time to offer a CTS guided ride, which you would have liked as well, similar trails vision, steeper terrain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts