·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm looking for a weekend ride and there are a few on my list including:
Esmeralda
Various Teanaway Rides
Jolly Mountain

Jolly Mountain sounds appealing since I've seen some spectacular views from trip reports. I've been hiking more than biking recently so I'm not looking for a difficult epic though.

What would you recommend?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Ezzy: about 24 blow downs that the FS did not get to this year. (Snow at the top now???)
Jolly: definately snow at the top now. West Fork has several blow downs as well. I believe Middle Fork is free and the water isn't on the rise yet.
both of those may be put on a "epic" list though from your perspective. Neither are "easy".

Variations of the Cle Elum Ridge rides posted here may fit the bill. Or, poking around the Watt Canyon area at Thorp just past Cle Elum. Lower elevations, warmer, less bad weather perhaps...

Saturday early looks like the better day. maybe you can get all_talk, redtabby, verslordr,or warmonkey from the local crew here to give you a tour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Borneo.

Are you thinking the season is over for Jolly or more that we should just be prepared for a light dusting at the top? Since I don't know the terrain, I'm not sure what the consequence of some snow is. The closest ride in the area we've done was Miller Pk. How might Jolly compare to that?

Our hope was to get one more high elevation ride in, but I haven't been watching the snow level enough to gauge whether this is a practical goal.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Jolly is "comparable" depending on how you do it. No one I know "just" does Jolly. You have to get there and get back and that usually involves Middle and/or West Fork. You can do an "easy" OaB from the Salmon La Sac side though. My guess is that there will be no views this weekend and questionable weather though. Level was down to 5K yesterday with snow in the upper reaches of the ski areas. That may all be melted by Saturday though. Prep for an overnight and go for it I guess...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a nice loop ride from Salmon La Sac to Jolly Mt. Visibility was great with sun all day and only occasional clouds. Up high, the ground was frozen, but no significant snow. I'm curious about the Middle/North fork routes, but that will have to wait until next year.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.