Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an inverted fork and am looking to get opinions on a good rear mounted computer. bells and whistles not real important and i would like to keep it under around $50. thanks

·
formerly Giantxc
649 Posts
Cateye makes a rear mount that will work with any of their computers. I use it on my road beater bike so I can get a reading on the trainer and it works great. I don't know if they sell it with any of their computers but you can usually pick the computer up pretty cheap and order the rear mount bracket directly for them for less than $20 with shipping.

Mike

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$
884 Posts

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
I wonder if this Cateye unit is the only game in town or if it really is better than other options that may exist. That said, I do have this same unit that's being recommended by others. Note that it comes with the thin cable ala Mity, as opposed to the thicker cable ala Enduro. I run this setup on my Cannondale full-susser due to its Lefty. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I just have an ordinary Sigma 600...

I also have a Cannondale with a Lefty. I splice in about 2 ft of wire to reach the rear wheel. The white "O" ring over the CA in Cannondale is where the pick up is mounted. You can see the magnet on a spoke in the lower right of the picture. That's an older picture. Now I have zip ties securing it. Been that way for 5 yrs.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts