Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
red5jedi said:
So are there any specials or discounts out there for a Santa Cruz Tallboy?
Not likely......especially since only the large frame has shipped. Med, XL, XXL are not yet available.

There is way too much demand for these for retailers to already discount them.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I saw one the other day @ Trailhead Cyclery in San Jose. Unfortunately, they're notorious for charging a high price all everything they sell, so I doubt I'll be seeing it anytime for less than $3,600.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Brand new SC design with higher demand than supply. Expect to pay retail for at least the next 6 months ;)

Your best deal is likely to come via buttering up a local shop. Seriously, show up with a six pack and inquire about the bike. Show up weekly with a 6 pack until you can strike a deal. *note, if using this method be sure you are dealing with an owner, manager, or salesman that actually has authority to deal*

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frame only.

I just want the frame. I like to build my bikes with the parts I like or have. I have a Ti soft-tail that I'm going to dismantle for parts and sell the frame. Relace the CKs to Arch rims and move a few other parts over. I get a 10% discount at a LBS that is a SC dealer but they don't stock any SC bikes. SC bikes out here in NM are very rare so there is only two shops in NM that sell SC but they also sell Specialized bikes so that is what they have in the store. The main bike shop I goto I get a 20% discount, but the main bikes they sell are, again, Speciailzed and a couple other bike brands but not SC.

So far (w/RP23)
cambriabike has one listed for $2350
cycle-solutions.com listed at $2348 Canadian dollars, then converted to USD = 2,276.56 but shipping is way too much.

I just want to get my duck lined up before I go talk to my LBS.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
red5jedi said:
I just want the frame. I like to build my bikes with the parts I like or have.
Ah, the worst kind of customer :D.
Low price on frame + online parts/used parts = No money for the shop (or very little)

I am right there with you though, so don't feel too insulted :p My bike budget is shoe string at best and I know how to do all my wrenching. As such I don't do many big ticket purchases at the local shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.