Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any areas that are on the more technical, AM to FR/DJ side of things, where it is cool to bring the canine counterpart, near SEATTLE. I do not mind going to a remote area, access by 4x4 only etc, as long as it is fairly close time wise (2hrs or so). I have ridden in the south and north, so mostly looking East for new rides where the dog can come along, the steeper the better, since it is easier on the dog (i.e. harder on the human, so the dog can keep up).

The dog has done 25 miles in a day before, and I always bring booties, and regulate downhill speed, so all you canine lovers do not need to caution me on dog health :)

Feel free to PM me if you would rather not post something publically, thanks!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
How far "East" are you thinking? East King Co?
Both Tokuls and Cherry Valley are empty enough at times for just that so that's where/when I take mine. Usually the "off hours" are good anywhere away from humanity.

Though a bunch of us in a train ran into a small slower group on Flowtron3K with 2 dogs last Wednesday evening. Not good when you are trying to carry speed.
If you go over the pass, lots of places around Roslyn/Cle Elum but watch for the heat then.
The Kachess/Silver Creek loop may work as well. I think it's 14 miles round trip.

"Other" I-90 steep spots should be okay as well especially during the off hours.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
My dog loves going to Black Diamond, lots of fun single track and you can hit up the freeride park too as long as he stays out of other people's way. I'll take him to Paradise too as long as I can get out there early before more people show up. Ditto with Tiger Mtn, as long as I can get there early enough to avoid the crowds it's always been ok. Tapeworm in Renton is another good spot, especially with the new jump line. Galbraith as well, I always see riders with dogs there.

On second thought, the only places I really won't bring him are St Ed's and Duthie. Too many people at any time, not the best place for off leash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts