Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hawaii is amazing. Next I think we will move to Brittish Columbia.

To see sights from Maui that many tourists miss check out our continuously ( updated weekly) changing website:

www.sandbinfinity.com

New pictures just posted on the Mountain Bike page.

Please tell me your favorite places between the mtns and the ocean.

·
you go ahead
709 Posts
MUD KING said:
RustyBearings said:
West LA I guess is pretty nice....

Living in a state park sounds cool but LA.............guess again.
oh don't worry...

LA is a crapy place to live in for sure, considering the smog, millions of people, traffic, skyscrapers, and crime.

Thank god there is a mountain/hill separating my house and the city and all that comes with it.

·
you go ahead
709 Posts
MUD KING said:
Shannon-UT said:
Check out www.findyourspot.com

Thanks Shannon,

My wife and I tried that before. It didn't fit my liking at all. If I remember correctly, it told me to move to the moon.

Did you know that we've never been to the moon?
tried it for fun with a phony address

Moab was first on the list

They seem to fancy me as a midwest type.... always been wondering where to live when out of college. :D

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I love to ride near the ocean such as Hawaii. There is nothing to beat the fresh breeze of ocean air flowing through your helmet. Ocean air is always better than mountain air. Riders get better cardiovascular excercise if they ride near ocean cliff trail . It sure make great picture for national geographic.

·
a dad
2,928 Posts
Picard said:
I love to ride near the ocean such as Hawaii. There is nothing to beat the fresh breeze of ocean air flowing through your helmet. Ocean air is always better than mountain air. Riders get better cardiovascular excercise if they ride near ocean cliff trail . It sure make great picture for national geographic.
what?? better cardio near an ocean?? you lost me on that one, please explain?? and i would take mountain air over ocean air any day!!

·
you go ahead
709 Posts
Pigtire said:
LA that is. Except it is way too expensive but I love where I live.

How is this for beach/mountain.:cool:

yeah many parts are fantastic, but once you get inner-city, things just get worse and worse. West LA I still think is beautiful, with Will Roger's Beach and the SMs making for some scenic landscape.

Is that Venice Beach in the pic? My mother, bro, and I did the beach path from will rogers to manhatten beach peir (or some beach anyways) a couple years ago. Was a blast - perfect way to see the different coastal neighborhoods in one go....

rsutyb :)

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
ocean air is always fresher than moutain air because the air came from the sea. It had been filter and clean of pollutants by the ozone. However, the mountain air in LA is saturated with polllutants. La infact doesn't have enough fresh air. You can ask any meterologist for that info.
LA has that hazzy fog what scientist refer to as smog! it is deadly to human lungs
I prefer to live by the hawaii coast and enjoy bike ride on its majestic moutain trails

·
Just Ride!
806 Posts
Venice beach.................

It 's Venice,Rusty. That spot is also my favorite spot in the world. It's this grass patch area just off the path and you can just hangout and checkout the beach or the cyclist/rollerbladers zooming along. Going back to the beach/mountain air discussion, for me at least, nothing beats waking up in the morning and smell that fresh salty air while the dogs rump around playing in the sand and having a nice hot cup of coffee. Ahhh, thats life:D

RustyBearings said:
yeah many parts are fantastic, but once you get inner-city, things just get worse and worse. West LA I still think is beautiful, with Will Roger's Beach and the SMs making for some scenic landscape.

Is that Venice Beach in the pic? My mother, bro, and I did the beach path from will rogers to manhatten beach peir (or some beach anyways) a couple years ago. Was a blast - perfect way to see the different coastal neighborhoods in one go....

rsutyb :)

·
The Uber Carnivore
360 Posts
Sacramento

Last April, I rode Auburn Ravine on Saturday (30 minutes to the east). On Sunday, I did three boat dives off the Cypress Sea in Monterey (3 hours to the west).

Try to beat that. California is amazing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.