Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Speedgoat faced and chased by BB, Headtube, and disc tabs for me when I bought my Heckler frame. Plus free shipping and great service. I have used Cambria alot and I do not like them (personal preference) so I would say to stick with Speedgoat or ColoradoCyclist.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Boutique Bikes.

They have great prices and service, plus you get an honest update on the readiness of your frame/build.

I started using them about a year ago and after I got my Heckler, all my friends have started to place orders with them as well. We ordered 6 Santa Cruz bikes in less than a year, no issues so far.

Email Brian Condon at [email protected]

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
ColoradoCyclist by far

I recently purchased a Heckler, and based on all of my research, ColoradoCyclist had the best pricing for a complete and CUSTOM bike build. They may not have the widest variety of choices, but their group prices (starting point - fully customizable) plus their 25% off FOX forks with group purchase ended up being a great deal, even compared to SC's complete bikes. I highly recommend you checking their site out, but then give them a call and talk with one of their sales staff (I worked with Andy Michelin, who was awesome). Even though some models are not listed (at the time, the Heckler was not), it's my understanding that they are a full SC dealer. Likewise, I was able to special order a few items, including my FOX Float RLC - still with 25% discount! Plus, most importantly, the build was impecible.:thumbsup: NOTE - I am NOT affiliated with CC in any way other than a completely satisfied customer.

Here is a link to my CC custom Heckler:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=304003&page=12

·
Registered
80 Posts
Do you want new or used? Used deals can be had on eBay, just be careful and ask the right questions. I found an anodized 2005 Heckler that set me back 1400, with a Talas, fifth element, XTR group and looked like it had hardly been ridden at all (one scratch).

There are smoking deals if you catch the right one. Try to find a seller that has put the bike on odd hours, the ending time is critical because others might miss the deadline on bidding (11:45 pm west coast for example would negate east coast bidding for the most part, especially during the week,etc.).

·
KEEP ROLLING
379 Posts
bikerfillup said:
I recently purchased a Heckler, and based on all of my research, ColoradoCyclist had the best pricing for a complete and CUSTOM bike build. They may not have the widest variety of choices, but their group prices (starting point - fully customizable) plus their 25% off FOX forks with group purchase ended up being a great deal, even compared to SC's complete bikes. I highly recommend you checking their site out, but then give them a call and talk with one of their sales staff (I worked with Andy Michelin, who was awesome). Even though some models are not listed (at the time, the Heckler was not), it's my understanding that they are a full SC dealer. Likewise, I was able to special order a few items, including my FOX Float RLC - still with 25% discount! Plus, most importantly, the build was impecible.:thumbsup: NOTE - I am NOT affiliated with CC in any way other than a completely satisfied customer.

Here is a link to my CC custom Heckler:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=304003&page=12
they have the best prices but when i ordered my nomad they did not face my 1.5 and only faced one side of the BB ? + they messed up the order for my fork. i ordered a talas and got a float .. :madmax: but i would order from there again just because i saved "alot" of money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.