Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide on a G.P.S. I'm leaning towards the Cateye Stealth 50 because it seems like a decent unit with some features that I really want (H.R.M.) Ant+ and not a bunch I may never use. Plus I really like the backlight feature for night rides. The price seems reasonable. Any thing I'm missing or other units I should look @ in the same price range? Also I would REALLY appreciate suggestions on where to purchase. I seen it for sale the other day for $100.00 but that deal expired. Suggestions??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Amazon sells the Cateye for $100.75. It's probably available for less at other outlets but Amazon's return policy is hard to beat as is their service. I have no personal experience with this computer but just now checking Amazon, reviews seem mixed.
I use a Garmin 500 and it has been pretty good to me. But it's 2x the price of the Cateye.

·
since 4/10/2009
35,291 Posts
You have to search. Lots of different places sell GPSes, from your LBS on up to Amazon and electronics specialty stores. Dig around for sales. Usually somebody is running some kind of sale somewhere.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to search. Lots of different places sell GPSes, from your LBS on up to Amazon and electronics specialty stores. Dig around for sales. Usually somebody is running some kind of sale somewhere.
Thanks Nate. Hey do you have an opinion on this unit? Your input would be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.