Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to the 29er thing. I guess I'm having the same problem as lots of other people. Finding 29er specific gear and parts. The only places that I know of to buy tires, forks, etc. are Speedgoat, Excell Sports and a couple of others. Universal Cycles carries a few tires. Any places that stock rims? I'm sure you guys know all of the great places to buy gear and would appreciate any info. you could provide. If you know of any strong supporters of the 29" movement please include. I have found it is a lot easier to buy from and communicate with people with equal passion towards any product.

Thanks in advance,

KB

·
no fat chicks
774 Posts
your local fisher dealer

you knew someone had to say it...
since i am a fisher dealer...
go to your local trek/fisher shop!! seems like bonty makes some of the better 29in stuff out there. gotta love those jones ACX tires.

kbell said:
Being new to the 29er thing. I guess I'm having the same problem as lots of other people. Finding 29er specific gear and parts. The only places that I know of to buy tires, forks, etc. are Speedgoat, Excell Sports and a couple of others. Universal Cycles carries a few tires. Any places that stock rims? I'm sure you guys know all of the great places to buy gear and would appreciate any info. you could provide. If you know of any strong supporters of the 29" movement please include. I have found it is a lot easier to buy from and communicate with people with equal passion towards any product.

Thanks in advance,

KB

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iliketoridebikes said:
you knew someone had to say it...
since i am a fisher dealer...
go to your local trek/fisher shop!! seems like bonty makes some of the better 29in stuff out there. gotta love those jones ACX tires.

Yeah, I just ordered the ACX tires from a Fisher dealer as well as my KM frame and Rock Shox Reba. I'm lucky to have a decent dealer. The big thing for me is wheels. I'm torn between King ISOs or Bontrager Race Lites. I've heard good and bad about the Race Lites. Do you know if the Race Lites have 240 hubs?

·
Schipperkes are cool.
4,160 Posts
Local supporting 29" wheeled Bike Shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little biased.

Scoty

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Search this forum on something like 29" friendly shops. Or just "shops" in the title.
We had a sticky not too long ago, and Bank's shop came up as well. Feel free to add any new names you read in this thread, so it comes back on top again, for everyone to browse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts