Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this may seem strange coming from some one who usually is sarcastic on this here Internets but bare with me.

Lets go with a compliment type thread. Who do you like riding with the most in the FR?

Are they funny, a good rider, always have a beer, have the extra parts you forgot, push you to do better or are just nice to watch ride from behind?

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
Well, I haven't ridden with anyone from this forum yet.
My MTB instructor is super encouraging though and he always has a nice word for me after I get through a big climb with out hopping off to hike n bike it.
He's pointing out personality traits I didn't know I had.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
In all my years of riding I've met a handful who had even heard of mtbr and no one who, if they even say they're a member, could remember their username. Maybe one or two.

That said, I ride best with someone who isn't so much stronger a rider than me that they can match my pace without severely curtailing their normal speed, which cuts out about everybody! Oh yeah, someone who's as much of a wuss descending. That cuts out everybody else. So I mostly ride alone. Scheduling has a lot to do with it as well.

edit: re scheduling---I've always been able to ride during the week and none of my friends had the same schedule. I stopped riding crowded trails on the weekend even if it was with my friends, mostly I work weekends. You know they'd say "hey, we're riding Lair of The Bear Sunday at 9am, you in?" "Aaaah, well, I already hit that Thursday morning, didn't see anyone.
Thanks anyway."

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are weird, I ride with at least a dozen people from this forum. Its strange so many people ride alone. I do at times, but I usually ride with friends.

My vote is for Full Trucker (Evan). He's always got some funny story, frequently has beer before/during/after rides and any time I think about bailing he calls me out for being a pansy so I end up finishing the ride. He's also the guy who came up with the Pint to Pint. Gotta like a guy who thinks up something like that.

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
davec113 said:
I don't know if I've ever had a bad time on my bike, I like riding with most people :D
Agreed, lots of great people to ride with out here, and everyone bring their own flare.

Pau11y said:
If you want a lot of breaks while climbing, I nominate me
Thats called enjoying the scenery, and it's a good thing.

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
I have to say- no one person- but the t.i.t.s. group as a whole! Its always a good time- have made alot of good friends from this silly nite ride i put together a couple years ?? back .

Just genuine people except for skared shittles:D

meh- i thought you were gonna say me! :rolleyes:

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Kaba Klaus said:
Matt, promise some beer for the next ride and I'll vote for you.
Usually have beer so it'll just be standard. And the t.i.t.s. group is a good bunch. Kevin you started that ride 2 1/2 years ago, wow. Oh and PBRme! you were definitely in the running, always wanting to ride more and constantly having beer/booze etc. However Full Trucker has better stories.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Second PBR's nomination

I will have to agree with PBR, the TITS crew are fun group to roll with, I have missed riding with them. I liked riding with MGE but that admission brings into question my judgement and my neurotic need for punishment.

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
Without a doubt, SkaredShtles (baconboy). Never even ridden with him, but just know from his all around awesome-ness here on the forum.
Plus, he's from Michigan.
2nd would be that andychrysler guy, but haven't seen him around in years.

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Ithnu said:
Usually have beer so it'll just be standard. And the t.i.t.s. group is a good bunch. Kevin you started that ride 2 1/2 years ago, wow. Oh and PBRme! you were definitely in the running, always wanting to ride more and constantly having beer/booze etc. However Full Trucker has better stores.
hey i dont always have booze- only occasionally ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.