Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as the best all around MTB park, who's the beast of the east? From what I hear from most people, Diablo has the best flow, best features, best and only jump line...Pkill has some steeps and flat drops, bromont has good flow......my vote goes to Diablo for having alot of everything and actually adding new trails on a weekly basis.....

i didnt bother adding snowshoe to the list because i was incredibly dissappointed when i visited a week ago. they do have some wood features, but it was all really wide and not very challenging. they tend to put alot of wood features in places that dont really warrant them....

·
New project, TBA shortly
1,024 Posts
haven't been to bromont so will give a diablo/platt comparison. imo they're both great places, offer different styles of riding and i'd be extremely upset if either went away.

MC - more resort-ish. better lodging (ok, any lodgin), better (higher-priced) food, LOT of time and effort put into the trail system. Fast lift and practically no lift line. Downsides are paying for parking, parking farther away (esp. if you arrive after waterpark opens), walking your bike through the "village" area, carrying up stairs, no coolers (supposedly, few follow that rule), just rather uptight in general (Mountain Creek/waterpark people, NOT diablo who are extremely cool).

Platt - much MUCH more relaxed setting. bbq in the parking lot, drink beer in parking lot, camp in parking lot, nobody cares. miles and miles of marked (and not so marked) trails criss-crossing the mtn, mostly normal trails but have tons of old race-courses littering the mtn as well. Pretty much ride whatever you want, steep STEEP chutes, drops, from 2' - 15' and all sizes in between. Shale, baby-heads, trees, off-camber, you name it, it's there. Not a big fan of the wooden stuff they've built, but they're trying. Downsides are a slow lift (although they've recently had two of them running), no accomodations, dusty parking lots, farther away from civilization, trails kinda confusing.

I'd say go to both if possible, but diablo is really the only mtb "resort" that I've seen so far. Killington/Mt Snow have the resort thing down but the mtb is lacking. Platt has the riding down for sure but it still is just a small family-style mtn in the middle of nowhere.

Just my $.02

·
Team
1,199 Posts
Attitash get my vote, they have some crazy downhill biking. Everything from chutes, to flow-e trails, to ladderbridge drops, to steeps and jump. Great lift serviced terrain, check it out sometime.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DHbiker said:
Attitash get my vote, they have some crazy downhill biking. Everything from chutes, to flow-e trails, to ladderbridge drops, to steeps and jump. Great lift serviced terrain, check it out sometime.
I wasnt too impressed with Attitash....Just not enough trails and nearly not enough jumps...It was fun, but definately not better than Diablo or Pkill.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've Ridden only 2 chair lift assisted Mt's , Sunday River (now closed) and Mt. Bromont. I went there 07/17
It was a blast... no wait time for the lifts, and great riding all around. there is even some build up stuff.. I particuly liked the see-saw. which I fell off :( (boo on me ,maybe next time.) There seemed like there was alot of jumps there which was cool... I am planning on heading there from Maine to ride August 14, PM me if anyone feels like meeting up..

·
Team
1,199 Posts
nycfreerider said:
I wasnt too impressed with Attitash....Just not enough trails and nearly not enough jumps...It was fun, but definately not better than Diablo or Pkill.
When was the last time that you have been there? They are constantly adding new trails. In hte past month they have added 2 new trails. One is called "Lincoln Logs" and it has 7 log rides. :)

·
eci
2,712 Posts
i have only ridden pkill and diablo.

Pkill def gets my vote on this one. Their trails were the best. put the co trails to shame. Long twisty turny all over the place. drops shale, turns, whoops jumps and the best 4x track around. The ppl at pkill are uber cool too

Diablo is a fun fun place. wish the trails were longer. Diablo gets my vote for best jumps.
One major downside of diablo is how gay they are over stupid little stuff. like i was sittin on my seat walking my bike up and i got yelled at. POO ON YOU

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snowskilz said:
i have only ridden pkill and diablo.

Pkill def gets my vote on this one. Their trails were the best. put the co trails to shame. Long twisty turny all over the place. drops shale, turns, whoops jumps and the best 4x track around. The ppl at pkill are uber cool too

Diablo is a fun fun place. wish the trails were longer. Diablo gets my vote for best jumps.
One major downside of diablo is how gay they are over stupid little stuff. like i was sittin on my seat walking my bike up and i got yelled at. POO ON YOU
Follow the rules and noone will harrass you...Dont **** it up for the rest of us that dont mind following simple rules....fyi....many resorts have a "no riding in the village" rule....whistler is one of them.

my vote = Diablo!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DHbiker said:
When was the last time that you have been there? They are constantly adding new trails. In hte past month they have added 2 new trails. One is called "Lincoln Logs" and it has 7 log rides. :)
A few weeks ago....In the past month Attitash added 2 trails? not bad.....in the meantime, diablo has added like 6 or 7....All i am saying is that Diablo is building sick stuff on a weekly basis and they are the only park with a sick jump line right now.

·
eci
2,712 Posts
nycfreerider said:
Follow the rules and noone will harrass you...Dont **** it up for the rest of us that dont mind following simple rules....fyi....many resorts have a "no riding in the village" rule....whistler is one of them.

my vote = Diablo!
well if i was disobeyin the rule id expect to be talked too.
But jerk off as i stated earlier i was sittin on my seat walking my bike, ya know its a possible thing to do. Dont ASSume i was doing anything wrong.

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
I've got one word for y'all

Bolton! Vermont, that is. Alright, I am clearly beyond one word now, so I may as well continue.

Come check it out this weekend (August 7-8) for lift-serve, anytime for pedal access. More scary tech than you can ride in two days of chair-swinging, plus cool wooden features everywhere. Never been to PK or MC, but Bolton rocks. Thanks to Todd R. and the VT FreeRide crew!

John
www.vmba.org

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
atkinson said:
Bolton! Vermont, that is. Alright, I am clearly beyond one word now, so I may as well continue.

Come check it out this weekend (August 7-8) for lift-serve, anytime for pedal access. More scary tech than you can ride in two days of chair-swinging, plus cool wooden features everywhere. Never been to PK or MC, but Bolton rocks. Thanks to Todd R. and the VT FreeRide crew!

John
www.vmba.org
You havent been to any other MTB park and other than Bolton and yet you are able to claim they have the best park in the east? Dude, dont be a spammer. Its cool what Bolton is doing, but they arent even in the same league as Diablo or PKil.....just not enough trails and not enough features.

And Snowskilzzz.....dont be an *******...if you are on your bike in the village, whether you are walking or riding it, of course someone is going to say something...if you are sitting on a bike and the bike is moving....ITS RIDING MORON! with that attitude stay at Plattekill with the rest of the oldschool, monster T sportin ****tards.

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
Lame

You should have titled this thread, "Post what you think so that I can tell you why Diablo is better".

You take this pissing match all over the internet for no reason. Stop spewing your negative ********. If you like Diablo so much, you're not doing much to support it. I really want to check the place out, but am hesitant because I'm afraid I might run into you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bagtagley said:
You should have titled this thread, "Post what you think so that I can tell you why Diablo is better".

You take this pissing match all over the internet for no reason.
what are you talking about? the dude said he never been to any other mtb park and automatically voted for Bolton as being the best in the east....thats lame....Also, someone asked my opinion of Attitash and I gave it...get over it jacka ss!...get a hobby or something, youve got too much time on your hands!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bagtagley said:
Interesting. Is that an insult? Please tell me, cause I'm not quite sure.

Nobody asked your opinion. You ask for other people's opinion and then talk **** when you don't like it.
Giving someone my opinion about another place to ride is not talking ****..And the tings i said were true. reread my posts.

Talking **** is like saying "your mountain sucks" kinda crap. All i said was that Attitash and Bolton didnt have as extensive a trail network as Diablo or Pkill....and thats just reality!

·
eci
2,712 Posts
nycfreerider said:
You havent been to any other MTB park and other than Bolton and yet you are able to claim they have the best park in the east? Dude, dont be a spammer. Its cool what Bolton is doing, but they arent even in the same league as Diablo or PKil.....just not enough trails and not enough features.

And Snowskilzzz.....dont be an *******...if you are on your bike in the village, whether you are walking or riding it, of course someone is going to say something...if you are sitting on a bike and the bike is moving....ITS RIDING MORON! with that attitude stay at Plattekill with the rest of the oldschool, monster T sportin ****tards.
Hahah i love narrowminded ppl. Your NYC roots show through pretty well. I'm so glad my parents decided it would be better to raise a kid outside the city.

PPl like you make my day at work go much much faster.

hmm.. why ask a q when you have an extremely biased opinion.

·
stoneblender
380 Posts
Just trying to add to the discussion, however meagerly. Btw nyc, when was the last time you were at Bolton? They've been working and adding, you know. I'm not saying Bolton is best, just another viable option. Frankly, trying to poll for the 'best' is going to get you opinions, not facts. Have fun where ever you choose to ride.

I am not a spammer, don't work for Bolton and volunteer my time extensively to help build trails and increase access in VT. I think what they have going on is pretty damn cool, so I shared it. Thanks for your wonderful words. When did this become a flame war? Can't we all just get along? ;)

John

·
Registered
191 Posts
What the?!?!

nycfreerider said:
with that attitude stay at Plattekill with the rest of the oldschool, monster T sportin ****tards.
You gotta be kidding on this one.

Is there even a reason for this thread? The whole PK vs. MC argument is so tired at this point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts