Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the Bobcat trails opened I started scheming about doing a loop that included all the trails around Fort Collins. This spring I finally took a day off of work and did a "Best of Fort Collins" ride. I did this ride as a big loop from my house. My GPS ran out of juice before I finished.

First little climb.

Looking back.

Do bikes really do more damage than horses?

Is this guy ever in the office? :)

Shaved Alpacas.

Riding in the park.

Let's eat and get ready for the descent.

Another climb.

Another descent.

Another descent.

Road connector.

The final descent.

Good times.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I try to do something "new" each year. This was new enough for me.
jradin said:
What's that thing attached to your seat post? An Idol to ward off exhaustion?
Funny. It is actually a Ganesh from India. One is sold with every car purchase to ward off obstacles.
sgltrak said:
What? You used gears?
Weird, I know.
onbelaydave said:
You bailed out from riding Res Ridge/Shoreline/Maxwell/Pineridge to complete the loop ? How lame...
To be honest, I ran out of time and had to bail on the road. This ride took about 2 hours longer than I thought it would. I had to choose between pineridge, or howard, I chose to do howard (more climbing).

·
climb
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sgltrak said:
What was total mileage and time?
10 miles and 2 hours more than I guesstimated. All values are approximate (68 miles, 7400ft, and 10 hours).

sgltrak said:
Thanks for the inspiration.
You're welcome :).

Indian Bummer

Walkridge

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.