Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! Some of us will be riding Demo this coming Saturday, Jan 3, and you're invited to join the fun. Meet us in the main parking lot. Rolling time is 9:30am.

The plan is ambitious- ride until we drop! We probably will do between 2-3 loops, 5-6 hours with occasional stops for skill sessions. If you can't make an entire day, come ride with us and leave early when you need too. The pace will be social, so those who're eager to ride more are welcome to take off and have your own fun time. :)

Unfluid-one is bold enough to bring his hard tail. Ibis mojo and Normad are also involved. Are you up for the new year challenge? ;)

On a side note: many thanks to Passion Bike Trails and the Demo trailwork crew for your works this past weekend! :thumbsup: We will think of you guys while dropping Braille.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Boooo!!!

Now that's two rides that I'll be missing. It's been fun visiting family and friends but I want to RIDE!!!

When do you go back across the pond? Will you be around to arrange another ride next weekend (1/10-1/11)? I promise to bring treats! :thumbsup:

·
遅すぎ
431 Posts
I'll definitely try to make it as it's on my to do list, but I'd like to carpool (read bum a ride) from someone coming from the south bay as I've never been there. Maybe we could arrange a south bay meeting point if there are a lot of people coming up?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here is the parking location from Google map. It is off from Highland way just pass the yellow bridge.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...082725,-121.851683&spn=0.187341,0.153122&z=12

tsimbu- Ouch, we will miss you again? I'm leaving next Tuesday so this is probably my last Norcal ride for a while, but I'm sure we will ride again in the fall. Still, it's a bummer that we can't practice jumping with you. :( Btw, I miss seeing little Alexis.

hkenshin- Can you try to schedule the carpool situation individually? If any of you would like to carpool to Demo, which I highly recommend given the recent break-in, please PM each other to make the arrangement. If carpooling, I suggest to meet up here in Los Gatos since we all have to pass the town before heading up the mountains. There is plenty of parking space there.

redmr2_man- I hear you; although, I found catching the sunrise on the highway with morning breeze and loud music while driving to the trail head an awesome experience. It would be great if you could make it. :)

fc and SJensen- With you guys joining the ride, I sense an A group coming into place. :thumbsup:

Edit: the link to the meeting point above is now correct and is consistent with Csuder99's link below.

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
csuder99 said:
That map is actually showing a location on Eureka Canyon Road. The demo parking lot is here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=&daddr=37.081934,-121.850631&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=37.081929,-121.850621&sspn=0.002927,0.004431&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=115275263166409900823.00000112b514bd0b55490&ll=37.082725,-121.851683&spn=0.187341,0.153122&z=12 If you switch to satellite view and zoom in you can see the lot and part of the short access road.

C>
Csuder99 is right. Please use his link to the parking lot. Thanks csuder99!

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
I'm in. I'm not sure if I'll have a bike hauler or not. If so, I will have room for one more, if not, I'll need to hitch a ride with someone. I should know for sure by Friday.

Hope to see you all there.

edit: I'm coming from south Fremont.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
mbyard said:
I'm in. I'm not sure if I'll have a bike hauler or not. If so, I will have room for one more, if not, I'll need to hitch a ride with someone. I should know for sure by Friday.

Hope to see you all there.

edit: I'm coming from south Fremont.
If you don't let me know, im 75% on going and am coming from Union City. I will be out there the whole day though,3 loops for sure, possibly 4 if i can talk a buddy into it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BrewMaster said:
Can I get donut confirmation?
Hah! And that is my first mtbr response for the new year! Theseawind officially becomes the doh'nut lady. :eek: Way to go 2009! :rolleyes: :D

BrewMaster- I wonder how you would react if I say "no" in response to you (which still leaves the possibility that I may bring donuts)? :)

I'm "hella" bringing donuts and extras on Saturday. More Scottish shortbread?

Btw, you all are welcome to use the thread to make public carpool request. I'm swamped with research projects at the moment to help out further. Sorry! :(

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.