Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...or maybe I should ask which trails to avoid in Tucson at night? I'm here on and off for a couple of months and will have evenings open. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1) The '50 Year Trail' and the surrounding trails have a lot of nice singletrack and are a lot of fun at night.
2) The Como loop over the Totolitas is awesome. Miles and miles of single track. Some of my coworkers and I just did it tonight.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Primo and Como are great at night.

Upper 50 can be tough in the dark. And the Chutes grow a whole new level of butt puckering excitement under the stars.

Sweetwater is easy to do in the dark.

·
Plus size jersey model
1,250 Posts
Pretty much everything is fine at night. I prefer Sweetwater or AZT though. 50yr and Starr Pass have had some cars broken into lately so I would maybe shy away form them at night but both are still pretty safe. I see cars in the Starr Pass parking lot all the time at night. I ride out there form home so dont have to worry about the car.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ride report

So in the week I had out in Tucson (great riding here BTW) I was able to hit Fantasy Island, Agua Caliente, Starr Pass and Sweetwater, all at night.

Fun rides (exept for Agua). Was riding an endure bike which was a little overkill for Fantasy Island but the others were a blast.

Starr Pass had the amt of miles that I'm used to as well as Sweetwater. The signage at sweetwater was GREAT. Was a little spoiled after that. Bigger climbs would have been a plus but I realize I just touched the tip of the iceberg in regard to the trails here. Agua Caliente was fun after walking halfway up the trail and over the top as I was not quite man enough to pedal much of it.

Great stuff here. I look forward to the next trip to Tucson.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts