Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I was inspired by another post:

kristian said:
I don't think that the medical names should be dropped (especially since I work with a squad of medical geeks who can help me come up with a REALLY good name for a bike like that.)

If the light freeride bike is named after drunken stupor delusions and the heavy freeride bike is named after a type of heart attack, the "big" bike ought to be a REAL killer....
Yeah. Stick with the medical lingo. Hmmm...

DNR "Do not resuscitate"

AFIB "atrial fibrillation"

AFLUTTER "atrial flutter"

SVT "supraventricular tachycardia"

WPW "Wolff-Parkinson-White" aka pre-excitation syndrome

^These are some fairly common to uncommon acronyms and they might work.

I'll see if I can come up with some more esoteric medical lingo...

Wenckebach - A type of heart block. A bit wierd sounding though.

Oh, Oh, Oh! The BEST name ever.

Wait for it....

MAYHAIM - these are a type of aberrant cardiac fiber that typically produce unique electrophysiologic features (EKG) like other reentrant tachycardias (like WPW-preexcitation). In laymans terms, think of it like a short-cicuit of the electrical wires in your heart. It can lead to a very fast, even uncoordinated, heart rate. Just like riding a Knolly does.

So how many votes for the Knolly MAYHAIM? (can be prononced "mayhem" if one wishes)

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
This is too easy. The new bikes name ought to be "Don's."

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah, I thought of Adrenaline too. I think its a bit too commonplace of a name for a Knolly. I like it though. Maybe:

Knolly Euphoria

As an aside I like the way he chose Delerium T, as shorthand for delerium tremens. V-tach of course is already abbreviated. Endorphine and Free Radical do not share this nomenclature, so its not a definative Knolly trait.

We could 'granola' it up (I live in Olympia), with a side of geek, and call it the Knolly Cyanoflavonoid (the healthy part of blueberries), or the Knolly Resveratrol. Or another good one is the Knolly Phenolic (the broad class of heart healthy compounds in red wine, like resveratrol).

Phenolic has a cool ring to it, but I still like Mayhaim though.

EDIT: can't speel reel gud

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
My suggestions for the day:

Knolly Paroxysm
Knolly Philistine
Knolly Dudgeon

par·ox·ysm (prk-szm) n.
1. A sudden outburst of emotion or action: a paroxysm of laughter.
2.a. A sudden attack, recurrence, or intensification of a disease.
b. A spasm or fit; a convulsion.

Phil·is·tine (fl-stn, f-lstn, -tn) n.
1. A member of an Aegean people who settled ancient Philistia around the 12th century b.c.
2. a. A smug, ignorant, especially middle-class person who is regarded as being indifferent or antagonistic to artistic and cultural values.
b. One who lacks knowledge in a specific area.

dudg·eon 1 (djn) n.
A sullen, angry, or indignant humor

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like Aneurysm!

Names for the day:

Knolly Climax
Knolly Syncope - fainting spell
Knolly Infarction
Knolly Corrugator - the muscle between your eyes that furrows when you give a stern look
Knolly Perineum - woot woot!

(ok, so a bit too much Mirror Pond tonight!)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.