Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, its been a long time since I have bought a multi tool. I want to know which multi tool is the most useful, most tools etc. I was carrying all my allen wrenches last season and it was too much for one pack. I am downhilling with this and I want my hydration pack as light and compact as possible but still have all the tools if something happens. So whats your recommendations topeak alien, park tool etc.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
My favorite Multi-tool is the Topeak Mini 18. That, combined with the Park Mt-1 tool will let me fix about anything bike-related that can be fixed on the trail. A small "leatherman" style pliers and a file in the leatherman is also nice for longer more "out there" rides where you may not be able to get to civilization very easy. There are a lot of threads with this topic, varying degrees of how much and what items people carry. For shorter rides you may not need much more than a multi-tool, pump, tube and a patch kit, but for longer more epic rides, there are a lot of other things that you should carry.

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
My favorite Multi-tool is the Topeak Mini 18. That, combined with the Park Mt-1 tool will let me fix about anything bike-related that can be fixed on the trail. A small "leatherman" style pliers and a file in the leatherman is also nice for longer more "out there" rides where you may not be able to get to civilization very easy. There are a lot of threads with this topic, varying degrees of how much and what items people carry. For shorter rides you may not need much more than a multi-tool, pump, tube and a patch kit, but for longer more epic rides, there are a lot of other things that you should carry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.