Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love mountain bike events like Outerbike and Mountain Bike Oregon and wondering if there's anything similar that I don't need to fly to. The set up is pretty cool with demo bikes, shuttles, food, beer, tons of other riders.

Any suggestions? I'm not that into racing and I don't ride a ton in the summer, but may look to get into it more.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Cyclofest, which is done by the outerbike people, is at the Whitewater Center in Charlotte every fall and is cool. Tons of demos, vendors and races.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
654 Posts
Pisgah Mtn. Bike Festival (if it happens again). Burning Can I think is supposed to have some bike stuff this year. Cyclofest is ok but if youre looking to demo the riding there at the WWC is more XC and not the best place to test ride a long travel rig. Its definitely worth going to at least see the bikes..

·
Registered
199 Posts
2nd the pisgah productions. I did oramm last year and while it was the worst day of my life, it was well run. I suggest training.

·
Registered
654 Posts
2nd the pisgah productions. I did oramm last year and while it was the worst day of my life, it was well run. I suggest training.
ORAMM is a Blue Ridge Adventures event not a Pisgah Productions event.

I prefer Pisgah Prod. stuff since it has a better vibe and the races, in general, are bit tougher IMO. Eric puts on great races. PMBAR!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like some good stuff. I wish Dirt Fest was closer, but 7 hours is a bit far. Will try to make Cyclofest.
Since I don't ride a lot in warm weather, an intense bike race when I'm not in great bike shape sounds rough. But maybe a short race wouldn't be bad especially if there was a great atmosphere after

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i did not know that. they are not too far apart distance wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing. Why'd they pick those two locations. Then I realized that Dirt Rag is headquartered in Pittsburgh so it makes sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts