Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm working on a project to help develop some new ideas for a website for a trail building / mtb club here in Oregon.

I'm looking for new ideas and well conceived sites. For example, www.disciplesofdirt.com in OR has a nice looking site.

If one comes to mind, would you post a link to websites that work really well / look really good.

i.e. www.gutsploder.com has a great section where they have topo maps with photo tags on specific stunts. cool stuff!

which other local community specific MTB websites rock?

thanks in advance

Tap

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, keep 'um coming

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tappoix said:
Hi all,

I'm working on a project to help develop some new ideas for a website for a trail building / mtb club here in Oregon.

I'm looking for new ideas and well conceived sites. For example, www.disciplesofdirt.com in OR has a nice looking site.

If one comes to mind, would you post a link to websites that work really well / look really good.

i.e. www.gutsploder.com has a great section where they have topo maps with photo tags on specific stunts. cool stuff!

which other local community specific MTB websites rock?

thanks in advance

Tap
How about: cotamtb.org :D
I hear the webmaster is a real friendly guy. :eekster:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like our local IMBA club's web-site:
<a href=http://www.gorctrails.com>www.gorctrails.com</a>

I think the key to creating a great trail-work web-site is a good main page with interesting pictures and the latest and important news without being super crowded. It is also important to have extensive trail information and an active forum for discussing group rides, trail work days, and trail conditions easily accessible from that main page.

tberg -- nice site there, but what does the color-coding on the trails indicate? I briefly looked around and couldn't figure out what it meant. Trail condition? Trail difficulty?

-- Jared

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeriCurl said:
I like our local IMBA club's web-site:
<a href=http://www.gorctrails.com>www.gorctrails.com</a>

I think the key to creating a great trail-work web-site is a good main page with interesting pictures and the latest and important news without being super crowded. It is also important to have extensive trail information and an active forum for discussing group rides, trail work days, and trail conditions easily accessible from that main page.

tberg -- nice site there, but what does the color-coding on the trails indicate? I briefly looked around and couldn't figure out what it meant. Trail condition? Trail difficulty?

-- Jared

tberg is being funny. this is the site i'm working to revamp. and yes, the webmaster is a real treat. :madman:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts